PDA

View Full Version : e.on

bounce
24-Oct-16, 20:08
Has anybody had a poster pushed through their door from e.on? about free external solid wall insulation

Fulmar
25-Oct-16, 08:36
No, but they are doing this all over the east side of the county (and probably elsewhere) for people in council tax bands A,B, and C. You need to phone up to request a free home visit that looks at your energy ratings and then they take it from there. They will come and do the free visit even if you are not in those council tax bands.

cptdodger
25-Oct-16, 09:32
I haven't seen a poster but they had a bus sort of thing in Tesco's car park in Thurso on Saturday. I didn't go in but they were saying on the side of the bus they could advise and so on.

bonami
25-Oct-16, 20:38
You only qualify for the free insulation if you have solid fuel heating. I gas heating and my quote was £10,500. Very expensive.

Fulmar
26-Oct-16, 10:27
That is incorrect. We went into the E ON bus and explained our heating system which is not central heating but one wood burner and electric heaters. Also, we are in tax band D. When we told them, they said that they would be able to come and do the survey and we are likely to be energy inefficient etc and that in some circumstances, they can also do improvements for the 'Ds'. We are awaiting a call to arrange for them to come out.

riggerboy
26-Oct-16, 11:26
I have oil heating, and got it done for free, what a difference to the house now, we got ours done last December, it takes a while to notice the difference but its brilliant