PDA

View Full Version : The 2016 Nobel Prize for Literature

crayola
15-Oct-16, 23:05
I laughed and I laughed and I laughed when I heard that Bob Dylan had been awarded the 2016 Nobel Prize for literature.

Why didn't they award it to the Glimmer Twins? What could be better than their literary Magnum Opus on natural sucrose?

I suppose it could have been even funnier. They could have awarded it to Chordie Gunn. :lol: :lol:

gaza
18-Oct-16, 22:16
I laughed and I laughed and I laughed when I heard that Bob Dylan had been awarded the 2016 Nobel Prize for literature.

Why didn't they award it to the Glimmer Twins? What could be better than their literary Magnum Opus on natural sucrose?

I suppose it could have been even funnier. They could have awarded it to Chordie Gunn. :lol: :lol:
I heard you were in the running. !

sids
18-Oct-16, 22:35
Dylan's a poet.

Fulmar
19-Oct-16, 08:41
Absolutely. A brilliant choice.

rob murray
19-Oct-16, 09:54

Whats so funny..the fact that he has been "awarded" the prize..... or the fact that the Nobel committee have given up trying to contact him....facing a stone wall from Dylan whose blanked all requests to make contact.

Green_not_greed
19-Oct-16, 09:55
Equivalent of one of the International Opera Awards going to an X Factor contestant. Or perhaps Mr Zimmerman will get one of those too for his singing skills ?

crayola
19-Oct-16, 23:59
I find it funny that the man who named himself after Dylan Thomas received an award that his hero could never have dreamt of. It makes you think. But only once.