PDA

View Full Version : Will Wick be a boom town again?

Angel
02-Oct-16, 17:00
Will Wick ever be a boom town again?
Is the off shore wind farm going to benefit the town or will all the money go south as ever?
Will there actually be jobs for those within the county?

What are you thoughts fellow orgers!

Angel...

Recycle it
02-Oct-16, 18:38
Maybe it's about time the enterprise zone was moved to Thurso or is it lose out again.

Kevin Milkins
03-Oct-16, 11:10
The street is looking no too bad just now, lets hope they don't cock it up with the new parking restrictions and get someone in charge with a bit of common sense.

I doubt it will ever move back to pre industrial estate type shopping.

Rheghead
09-Oct-16, 20:48
Will Wick ever be a boom town again?
Is the off shore wind farm going to benefit the town or will all the money go south as ever?
Will there actually be jobs for those within the county?

What are you thoughts fellow orgers!

Angel...

Seemingly there will be 200 full-time post-construction jobs associated with the offshore wind farm.

Angel
09-Oct-16, 22:26
Will these jobs be local or contractors brought in? Also how long for?...

Angel...

Shaggy
09-Oct-16, 22:42
well if they are for staff from outside the county, best of luck to them all getting accomodation or a house

Rheghead
10-Oct-16, 18:59
Will these jobs be local or contractors brought in? Also how long for?...

Angel...

As i said, there are 200 post-construction jobs so they are permanent positions for the lifetime of the project and I expect they will be offered to contractors if nobody local wants to work there.

Alrock
10-Oct-16, 19:57
...I expect they will be offered to contractors if nobody local wants to work there.

Or if they are unprepared to train anybody up.

Rheghead
11-Oct-16, 11:23
Or if they are unprepared to train anybody up.

Most if not all jobs come with training.

J1985
13-Oct-16, 17:15
Most if not all jobs come with training.

So if i apply for a job as a doctor they'll say yeah no probs and train me up? everythings about certs nowdays no training, if you can't do the job then don't apply for it.

Alrock
13-Oct-16, 17:30
...if you can't do the job then don't apply for it.

Not quite true...

If you can't do the job, apply for it anyway, waste everybodys time & don't get it... Because if you don't apply even though you know you don't have a hope in hell of getting it there is a strong possibility of a sanction from the broo.

riggerboy
19-Oct-16, 22:23
Maybe it's about time the enterprise zone was moved to Thurso or is it lose out again.

hahahah no thurso wil lose again, you got Tesco are you not also getting asda ?? a new park and swings ??? what more do you want,

its about the county not the towns that are in it, a 20 mile commute is nowt these day

gaza
19-Oct-16, 22:39
Think it's time something constructive for the up and coming youth of today, as there's sod all for them to do at the moment.
But that's to much to ask from the like's of this and past council's, with their talk of leisure facilities, surf huts, bike parks, athletic tracks, No no no to much talk.
BRING BACK CAITHNESS COUNTY COUNCIL.
That's what I say.
I'm gonna write a letter.

2little2late
26-Oct-16, 01:21
As i said, there are 200 post-construction jobs so they are permanent positions for the lifetime of the project and I expect they will be offered to contractors if nobody local wants to work there.

It's not what you know, it's who you know. A sad state of affairs when the town has to rely on offshore windmills.

riggerboy
26-Oct-16, 11:33
Think it's time something constructive for the up and coming youth of today, as there's sod all for them to do at the moment.
But that's to much to ask from the like's of this and past council's, with their talk of leisure facilities, surf huts, bike parks, athletic tracks, No no no to much talk.
BRING BACK CAITHNESS COUNTY COUNCIL.
That's what I say.
I'm gonna write a letter.

did you write the letter ?????

gaza
26-Oct-16, 17:38
did you write the letter ?????

Ooops, I forgot, I'll do it tonight !