PDA

View Full Version : what would you have...a wood burner, closed in fire or open fire

suzy
25-Sep-16, 19:46
going to put some kind of fire in the sittingroom, just now having a horrible electric thing sitting there, there was a open fire in when we moved in but it was terrible, so at the time we just closed it up with wood.....just wanting to know what everyone would do, and where we would get the fire

Kevin Milkins
25-Sep-16, 20:06
A multi fuel burner is the way to go, very fuel efficient .

Rheghead
25-Sep-16, 21:34
I think there is a retailer of woodburners in Wick on the Riverside. I recommend Bonk and Co in Inverness, they have a large range (no pun intended) of fires etc. I went for something that had a means of cooking just in case of power cuts. A thing that is worth considering if you live in the country, not so much in the town.

J1985
25-Sep-16, 22:23
An outdoor wood/multi burner is the way to go, cheap on fule and no mess inside either

richardj
25-Sep-16, 23:09
I would go for a multi-burner as well, ideal to use with coal or wood. We got our one from http://www.heatcentrewick.com/ in Wick.

r.rackstraw
25-Sep-16, 23:10
Go for a woodburner - but it helps if you have space to store a supply of dry wood.
I run a range cooker plus a stove on wood. A good woodstove produces virtually no ash.