PDA

View Full Version : Bankers gone mad or have I Mis- spelt.

Recycle it
19-Sep-16, 12:17
I went to open an account today and was told Sorry not possible . It's takes 2-3 weeks for an appointment in which you have to watch a 1 hour video plus you need all the paperwork they ask for ,in original letters and copies for the bank to keep. Then it's 10 to 14 days before your account ( if accepted) would become active. It took the bank seconds to swindle me out off money but it's me that's treated like a criminal . So it's roughly 5 weeks to get an account ., how have things changed. Before it took five minutes to get an account open and they things are quicker an better now .

KJSigns
19-Sep-16, 12:24
Opened a current account with Clydesdale online and card turned up within a couple days, maybe its because banks don't want to see customers any more just hold onto their cash (if accepted)

Shaggy
19-Sep-16, 12:53
went into RBS, asked to open an account, had a seat for 5 mins until someone was free and went through the process. just needed ID and proof of address and job was done in around 20 mins. cards and welcome pack arrived about a week later

pat
19-Sep-16, 17:27
No problems - proof of identity and proof of address - opened and bank info u and running straaight away, card arrived a couple of days later, no problems.

Suggest you try another bank unless you are going to go to that bank for a particular reason.

onespace
20-Sep-16, 13:28
I suspect this will be due to an aspect of your credit history.

For most people you just take proof of identity and address into any branch and a bank will open your account there and then. Same situation on-line - all you have to do is then post them proof of identity.

You seem to be a higher risk to them.

norma stewart
20-Sep-16, 14:23
i did my bank application online and I didn't have too send any proof of identity