PDA

View Full Version : Help please

Joy Veitch
17-Sep-16, 12:13
For many years now my husband has spoke very highly about the highlands, he was born in Dunbar hospital and has a lot of very lovely family members up there in thurso and surrounding areas!, he has now decided that it is the time to move.
Let me explain a little about him.. James had 2 mini strokes 2 years ago which naturally knocked him on his backside, he began to recover when he was diagnosed with M.E/CFS, depression and anxiety disorder! And this is why finding a property is so very difficult. We have employment support allowance which in turn also pays housing benefit! I work a part time job (jobs are hard to come by here) I work with a disabled terminally Ill young man! Finding a job in the care sector will of course be my first port of call (if we can find a property). So after a very long winded explanation (sorry about that) we are looking for a 2-3 bedroom property in thurso or surrounding areas that will accept temporary housing benefit and a small very well behaved chihuahua dog.

Thank you for letting me ramble joy xx

Edit: I should also add we have applied to both the highland council and pentland HSA
I/we also realise that housing benefit can be a bit of a pain but please rest assured that any lapse on their behalf will be covered by us xx

janeyj
17-Sep-16, 15:26
Joy I cannot pass on any information that may help with your move but I would like to wish you and James well. You will not need me to tell you that Caithness can be a wonderful place to live. Considering James's symptoms, and particularly the depression, I hope you will find somewhere to live that has a view. I'm not sure that I would want to suffer from depression and be boxed in by other houses but perhaps that's just me:).

Best wishes to you both.

Love

Janey.

Joy Veitch
17-Sep-16, 15:34
Thank you Janey that is so kind of you, he has spoken of the highlands for over 20 yrs now and it would be his medical retirement dream xx

dousslesh
17-Sep-16, 17:00
We made the move 14 years ago - didn't know a soul when we moved here. Great neighbours, wonderful scenery, a slower pace of life and peace of mind . Have no regrets- best decision we could have made.
Good luck to you both. Really hope your dream also comes true
x

Joy Veitch
17-Sep-16, 17:03
Thank you I honestly can't wait, we did have a house lined up but it unfortunately fell through at the last minute! Its going to be worth it just seeing my husband happy again xx

appilihp
17-Sep-16, 19:44
Hi sorry can't help with the house but I can tell you that there are lots of care jobs up here. Have a look on Facebook on Caithness & Sutherland Property good luck :-)