PDA

View Full Version : How can you save the Enviroment by doing this

Recycle it
15-Sep-16, 10:46
Seems strange that the SNP think that you save the Environment by digging up the peat bogs ,filling them with concrete and sticking a wind turbine on it . Some 15 years ago turbines were 33% efficient now its 18% and that's down to changes in weather ,so where's the sense in I having them . We all like to think that having a pushbike would be great and would help the planet,but to be real do we actually use it and how often ,turbines are the same . Nice idea but NO sense. Just a pity that the Inverness Council is happy to see Caithness Carpet bombed by turbines to save Inver sneckie and their jobs . Let's push on with far better housing and VAT Free investment in, insulation, Windows and energy saving measures.

Murdina Bug
15-Sep-16, 13:39
Ha, that's exactly what I said when the news item was on the other night about saving the peatbogs!! Stop sticking ruddy windturbines in them.

Rheghead
15-Sep-16, 16:39
Seems strange that the SNP think that you save the Environment by digging up the peat bogs ,filling them with concrete and sticking a wind turbine on it . Some 15 years ago turbines were 33% efficient now its 18% and that's down to changes in weather ,so where's the sense in I having them . We all like to think that having a pushbike would be great and would help the planet,but to be real do we actually use it and how often ,turbines are the same . Nice idea but NO sense. Just a pity that the Inverness Council is happy to see Caithness Carpet bombed by turbines to save Inver sneckie and their jobs . Let's push on with far better housing and VAT Free investment in, insulation, Windows and energy saving measures.

It is not just the SNP, all political parties except the BNP and UKIP advocate wind turbines.

Do you have references to substantiate your claims about the technical aspects?