PDA

View Full Version : Arrogant parking on Thurso estates

gaza
08-Sep-16, 17:32
Boy o boy
There's a lot of twats out there,
The way they park and think they have a right to do so.
Take the gardener guy whos moved in on Castlegreen road with his skoda and trailer !
Mothers with prams can't get past, as he's on the path, and causes a bottle neck of traffic. Also at night he parks facing the wrong way so no red rear reflectors are showing,
Com'on... Park with a bit of consideration for others, after all it would be a shame if someone bounced of your skoda and into your audi EH.

Gronnuck
08-Sep-16, 17:39
I'm sure a determined mother with a pram would be able to get past even if it meant leaving a mark on his beloved car.

mi16
09-Sep-16, 07:53
Boy o boy
There's a lot of twats out there,
The way they park and think they have a right to do so.
Take the gardener guy whos moved in on Castlegreen road with his skoda and trailer !
Mothers with prams can't get past, as he's on the path, and causes a bottle neck of traffic. Also at night he parks facing the wrong way so no red rear reflectors are showing,
Com'on... Park with a bit of consideration for others, after all it would be a shame if someone bounced of your skoda and into your audi EH.

Sounds like you have an issue with one particular ****
Have you tried reporting the inconsiderate parking to the police?
I dont think there is any laws to ensure that a vehicle parks facing one direction or the other but blocking the pavement is illegal.

mi16
09-Sep-16, 08:18
I hardly think its fair to blame the landowner for restricting vehicular access is it?

Kodiak
09-Sep-16, 14:08
It is Still in the Highway Code - Rule 238 -250

Rule 239
Use off-street parking areas, or bays marked out with white lines on the road as parking places, wherever possible. If you have to stop on the roadside:

do not park facing against the traffic flow

Parking at Night

You MUST NOT park on a road at night facing against the direction of the traffic flow, unless in a recognised parking space.

Rule 250
Cars, goods vehicles not exceeding 2500 kg laden weight, invalid carriages, motorcycles and pedal cycles may be parked without lights on a road (or lay-by) with a speed limit of 30 mph (48 km/h) or less if they are:

at least 10 metres (32 feet) away from any junction, close to the kerb and facing in the direction of the traffic flow
in a recognised parking place or lay-by.

Other vehicles and trailers, and all vehicles with projecting loads, MUST NOT be left on a road at night without lights.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/waiting-and-parking-238-to-252

mi16
09-Sep-16, 15:16
It is Still in the Highway Code - Rule 238 -250

Rule 239
Use off-street parking areas, or bays marked out with white lines on the road as parking places, wherever possible. If you have to stop on the roadside:

do not park facing against the traffic flow

Parking at Night

You MUST NOT park on a road at night facing against the direction of the traffic flow, unless in a recognised parking space.

Rule 250
Cars, goods vehicles not exceeding 2500 kg laden weight, invalid carriages, motorcycles and pedal cycles may be parked without lights on a road (or lay-by) with a speed limit of 30 mph (48 km/h) or less if they are:

at least 10 metres (32 feet) away from any junction, close to the kerb and facing in the direction of the traffic flow
in a recognised parking place or lay-by.

Other vehicles and trailers, and all vehicles with projecting loads, MUST NOT be left on a road at night without lights.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/waiting-and-parking-238-to-252

There you go then, report him

Recycle it
09-Sep-16, 16:30
I hardly think its fair to blame the landowner for restricting vehicular access is it?
The landowner is Pentland Housing who have embarked into letting the ground out for commercial purposes .ie the holding of commercial materials that may be contaminate as there's a dumper truck full of material running back and forth . The site is residential only NOT commercial or industrial,and there's no waste licence and would never be in such a site . The dust and noise if horrendous .

RUNT
09-Sep-16, 16:56
Phone the council, parking is their responsibility after the legislation was decriminalised.

The council have a duty and money to employ traffic wardens but they aren't doing it

mi16
09-Sep-16, 16:56
The landowner is Pentland Housing who have embarked into letting the ground out for commercial purposes .ie the holding of commercial materials that may be contaminate as there's a dumper truck full of material running back and forth . The site is residential only NOT commercial or industrial,and there's no waste licence and would never be in such a site . The dust and noise if horrendous .

get onto the council about it then

Recycle it
09-Sep-16, 17:43
get onto the council about it then

You must be joking ,the council pulling the plug on anything that they do is a joke. You've more chance getting money out of a certain Mr Green who's afloat on his super yacht and that ain't going to happen . History speaks for it's self.

mi16
09-Sep-16, 17:45
Regardless of what they are doing with THEIR land, they are perfectly within their rights to prevent freeloaders from using it as a car park.
but as I suggest if they are using the land illegally then it is best reported to the council SEPA or whomever

lizerdman
09-Sep-16, 19:09
i think people should be more concerned with the boy racers speeding up the road rather than how people are parking and i know a few mothers who live near by who never seem to have a problem getting past, there is another side of the road too they can walk on and maybe people should talk to the new gardener instead of posting drama online

lizerdman
09-Sep-16, 19:44
to many assholes not enough bullets lol

caithnessmw
09-Sep-16, 20:02
Arrogant parking on Thurso estates

Take a look at Heathfeild Rd. The parking of the bends is worse than 1 car doing a common practice in Thurso, parking the wrong way round. Stagecoach had to re-route the bus as they couldn't get between the parked cars on the corners I.e not leaving enough space for a larger vehicle to pass. There is plenty other areas to park like the High School car park

Come on get a grip. Find something else to talk about not a regular guy who is minding his own business for example, the gardener from Castlegreen road

gaza
09-Sep-16, 21:11
i think people should be more concerned with the boy racers speeding up the road rather than how people are parking and i know a few mothers who live near by who never seem to have a problem getting past, there is another side of the road too they can walk on and maybe people should talk to the new gardener instead of posting drama online

I've had a conversation with him,
His attitude was he doesn't give a ****
And people can report him to the police it won't deter him , he already parks his audi across the road and feels that's enough, his skoda stays where it is.

mi16
09-Sep-16, 21:27
He will be deterred if they start issuing him with £70 penalties for inconsiderate parking.
to be fair, if some random rocked up to me to question my parking I think my response would be fairly short also but a fine from the police would make me take note.

lizerdman
09-Sep-16, 21:35
sounds like sum one got there feelings hurt about sum asbestos and maybe a crack in a wall

gaza
09-Sep-16, 21:38
He will be deterred if they start issuing him with £70 penalties for inconsiderate parking.
to be fair, if some random rocked up to me to question my parking I think my response would be fairly short also but a fine from the police would make me take note.

In conversation on other matters HE started talking about his parking as we watched the build up of traffic trying to get past his car and trailer, that was his own words without prompting

mi16
09-Sep-16, 21:42
fair enough, would be no point speaking about it then!

lizerdman
09-Sep-16, 21:50
simple thing is if there was issue you not think the police would have dun sumthing as they go up and down castlegreen road all the time so get a life and get over it

gaza
09-Sep-16, 21:51
sounds like sum one got there feelings hurt about sum asbestos and maybe a crack in a wall

Yep
What's in a house don't bother me !
But your parking and attitude to it does.

gaza
09-Sep-16, 22:00
simple thing is if there was issue you not think the police would have dun sumthing as they go up and down castlegreen road all the time so get a life and get over it

Ok Lizerdman
I've made my point.
I bid you ferwell.

RUNT
10-Sep-16, 00:47
The police won't fine him, not everything needs to be reported to the police.

The council are responsible for parking

lizerdman
11-Sep-16, 10:56
maybe the council shod fine this driver 2 for riping up there grass

mi16
11-Sep-16, 12:58
I don't see any damage to the verge there, in fact I would say he is parked quite considerately getting the van fully off the road

lizerdman
11-Sep-16, 14:12
what about all the rest of the cars that parkt on castlegreen road doont have a go at just 1

rogermellie
11-Sep-16, 16:35
There's not been a problem on Castlegreen until you started parking on the left hand side of the road.

The cars on the right have always parked there and don't get in the way, but your car creates a 'slalom' that stops 2 cars passing at the same time.

It's also dangerous for the kids crossing Castlegreen Road going to and from Pennyland School

KCM
11-Sep-16, 19:36
Maybe the council should also be doing something about all the abandoned cars at the mart site on Ormlie road aswell.

gaza
11-Sep-16, 20:58
maybe the council shod fine this driver 2 for riping up there grass
Mr lizerdman
Shod ! ! what's that mean ?
That was parked there for one hour only (no damage, not a mark) not all day and all night, but you know that already I've seen you following me.
I went through planing and housing association for permission to build an extra parking area at my property, perhaps you should do the same.
STOP FOLLOWING ME AND TAKING PICTURES.PLEASE.

mi16
11-Sep-16, 21:51
There's not been a problem on Castlegreen until you started parking on the left hand side of the road.

The cars on the right have always parked there and don't get in the way, but your car creates a 'slalom' that stops 2 cars passing at the same time.

It's also dangerous for the kids crossing Castlegreen Road going to and from Pennyland School

hang on a minute, there are no parking restrictions on that part of road, the only criticism you could make in that pic is that cars are on the pavement

rogermellie
11-Sep-16, 22:29
you're right, but there's usually a common sense approach to parking (emphasis on 'usually').
it happens all the time, especially in the Pennyland estate, inconsiderate drivers parking right outside their house creating these slaloms that hold up traffic and in some cases, stop buses from even getting past.
i've no problem with him parking up on the pavement, that's the best bit of his parking, at least he's making some effort, but it'd be better if he just parked on the same side as everyone else

mi16
11-Sep-16, 23:11
And what makes all the vehicles on the other side correct?
if there is no restriction then it's fair game for parking

rogermellie
11-Sep-16, 23:22
absolutely, nobody's in the right here, but if everybody is parking on one side of the road then it makes sense to do the same.

take Thurso Road going into Wick, most people park on the same side of the road, apart from a Saab estate (Lyall personalised plate) who insists on parking outside their own house and holding up the flow of traffic, it's lazy and inconsiderate

mi16
12-Sep-16, 06:34
It's really not.
also good for traffic calming.
if someone parking completely legally is a concern, then you have little to worry about.

lizerdman
12-Sep-16, 10:12
how can i be FOLLOWING you i dont have a car i am not allowed 2 drive as i have epilepsy (i am not the new gardener in castlegreen road )

Gronnuck
12-Sep-16, 11:55
absolutely, nobody's in the right here, but if everybody is parking on one side of the road then it makes sense to do the same.

No it doesn't. Many years ago West Lothian Council decided it would be a good idea to make everyone park on one side of the road in a residential area in Parkhead Crescent in West Calder. The Crescent is a loop off the B7008. We can only assume this was to easy the flow of traffic. The council even painted double yellow lines on one side of the road all the way around the loop to enforce their new policy. Unfortunately the cleared lane encouraged traffic to move faster in this residential street to the detriment of pedestrians, particularly children. After about a year the yellow lines were removed and drivers were allowed to park as before.
While cars park legally on both sides of the road and drivers have to 'slalom' to make progress they effectively calm the traffic; they might not calm some of the drivers; I suggest it is they who have a problem. If parking on both sides of the road slows traffic in a residential area it has to be a good thing.
On the occasion where a persistent obstruction is caused, the council can take steps to remedy the situation.

gaza
12-Sep-16, 13:25
how can i be FOLLOWING you i dont have a car i am not allowed 2 drive as i have epilepsy (i am not the new gardener in castlegreen road )

Then why take a picture and post it on here ?
There's no green in my eyes !

Shaggy
12-Sep-16, 15:04
All i can say is use common sense when parking, as you are supposed to do. All it takes is an inconsiderate lazy parker to block the route of an emergency vehicle and cause loss of life.

gaza
12-Sep-16, 17:10
All i can say is use common sense when parking, as you are supposed to do. All it takes is an inconsiderate lazy parker to block the route of an emergency vehicle and cause loss of life.
Here here
Ps
I see what you've done.
Clever.
He he he

poppett
12-Sep-16, 19:04
Stopping residents parking in front of their garages has also added to the number of cars now parking on Castlegreen Road. No consultation, signs just got put up by Pentland Housing.

I was taught to always park on the side of the road facing the way you would just drive off. My hubby once parked in the opposite direction, in his disabled bay, and a car failed to turn the bend in icy conditions and rolled back down against his. The insurance company were not for paying for the damage because the car was parked facing the wrong way.

Alrock
12-Sep-16, 23:32
Whilst we are all having a moan... what about cars parked on the road when the owner has a perfectly usable driveway attached to the house (not thinking about any driver in particular, just in general)?

mi16
13-Sep-16, 08:55
If the car is road legal then there is no problem with it being parked on the road

mi16
13-Sep-16, 09:01
The one that irks me is idiots that park in cycle lanes.
not really an issue in Caithness

Sgitheanach
21-Sep-16, 02:45
I call this inconsiderate

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h480/s0595580/Mobile%20Uploads/WP_20160630_14_42_32_Pro.jpg

poppett
21-Sep-16, 18:44
Thorkel / Sweyn Road junction.

The residents are no longer allowed to park in the old garage area.

tonkatojo
21-Sep-16, 20:17
I call this inconsiderate

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h480/s0595580/Mobile%20Uploads/WP_20160630_14_42_32_Pro.jpg

I agree, the rust is typical of coastline vehicles.:confused