PDA

View Full Version : Photo Editing Software ?

stivagorm
07-May-07, 17:07
Can anyone recommend a GOOD Photo Editing Software package ?

Thanks

footie chick
07-May-07, 17:20
This is the one I use for my photos alot better than the kodak site

http://picasa.google.com/

stratman
07-May-07, 18:04
I use serif photoplus which is very good and you get the usual dark room facilities. They are a bit hard sell but if you can fob that off its comparatively cheap and well worth having. WWW.serif.com

stevep
07-May-07, 20:24
I to use photoplus v6.03 which is really good and I downloaded for free from www.freeserifsoftware.com

Bobinovich
07-May-07, 22:23
I've always relied on Corel's (originally JASC) Paint Shop Pro, although many professionals will tell you that Adobe Photoshop is their choice. I personally hate it (but then I'm just an amateur)!

Rheghead
08-May-07, 00:03
Can anyone recommend a GOOD Photo Editing Software package ?

Thanks

I looked at a review of the non-professional photo editing packages. The two that came out on top were Paintshop Pro and Photoshop Elements.

Photoshop had perhaps the edge on extras but Paintshop pro had different extras and was a good tad cheaper.

If you have money to burn or have good contacts, then Photoshop professional package is the best by a long chalk.

Like Bobinovich, I plumbed for Paintshop Pro and I am very pleased with my efforts with it. I would recommend searching the web for good lessons and tips as well. It was great to bring back to life my old B&W photos of relatives into colour!!

I hope to see your work in the Photo section!!:D

NickInTheNorth
08-May-07, 08:39
as has been said the very best in terms of complete feature set is Adobe Photoshop. It is quite a steep learning curve to really get to grips with, and has a hefty price tag too!

There is a less fully featured version of Photoshop (elements I think?) which is still pretty good and does what most folks would ever need to be able to do with a photo.

If you like your software at a real bargain price then you may like to take a look at "the gimp".

It is a photoshop like package originally created for use on linux systems, but also available for windows. It is a very weel featured package, and it comes to you totally without cost :)

http://www.gimp.org/windows/

I have to say I have not used it on windows, but in general terms open source software ported to windows runs as well if not better than native windows applications.

NickInTheNorth
08-May-07, 08:41
I should also ask what sort of editing you need to do, as there are other very simple and free packages which will do most of the run of the mill tasks very quickly and easily.

porshiepoo
08-May-07, 10:59
I've tried loads but have to say that Photoshop CS is probably the best and I'd never use anything else. It's quality software and enables you to do pretty much anything.

Plus it doesn't have to cost the earth if you can find someone who sells copies. EBay used to have people selling them on there for as low as £15. I originally bought Photoshop 7 from there for £10 and it worked fantastically.

Riffman
24-Jul-07, 23:35
I run Photoshop CS2, its quite cheap to get now CS3 is out.

WeeBurd
25-Jul-07, 22:07
I too use Paint Shop Pro and love it, very simple to use, with lots of additional functions to make your pics more interesting.