PDA

View Full Version : best and worst toys

Dadie
07-May-07, 15:04
the best toy my daughter has at the moment is a blanket corner type thing with a lamb soft toy head on it she loves it her worst is a bug that giggles when patted or you clap it makes her cry every time. My favourite toys when growing up were weebles, sylvanian families, sindy dolls my bike but i cant remember my worst can you remember yours?

Ash
07-May-07, 15:07
my 3year old girl loves her wee kitchen, and the accesorries for it, i was the same when i was little, she loves all her toys.....

Solus
07-May-07, 15:26
Triumph Daytona cracking toy !:)

Dadie
07-May-07, 15:47
childrens toys not big boy toys..motorbikes gps systems computer equip..etc excluded

obiron
07-May-07, 15:48
my pairs best toys are the remote controlled dalek. very cool and the nintendo ds. good fun.

brandy
07-May-07, 16:14
best toy for my two boys?
easy a box!
they will play with a box everytime!
worst toy..
anything electronic.. they get bored with them so darn easy!
but they do love their little dye cast cars

zenmaster
07-May-07, 22:46
My 5 year old likes his magnetix but he won't play by himself much - I've always to join in and make up some scenario!

Oh and playdoh is just magic!

dunderheed
07-May-07, 22:52
my sons favourite " toy" is his electric guitar and amplifier he got for his christmas(he's only ten)
as a youngster my favourite toys were boxes of soldiers , i'd spend hours setting up both armies and then knock them down with a marble. my mother still has them in her house for my kids and nephew to play with.
my other was a sledge my granny bought me when i was 10 (almost 30 years ago now) it too resides in my mothers loft

North Rhins
07-May-07, 22:56
Meccano set. Hours of fun and plenty of practice for when you grow up and have to start working on Triumph motorbikes. (Sorry Solus only kidding) :lol:

johno
07-May-07, 23:21
my best toy was a slug gun, i found when i was about 12, was,nt long before it was taken from me and broken into bit,s lol :confused

Froggie
07-May-07, 23:24
My six year old daughter has a gameboy advance which she loves (when not playing with her bratz dolls) and my three year old son loves doing jigsaws of various shapes sizes and difficulities (he also loves his big sisters gameboy)

When I was young my favourite was my baby boing, with 2 sets of handles and a thing shaped like a rugby ball you had to force back and fore by opening out the handles, it was a toy bought on holiday and ended up getting played with all year round. That got replaced with the old fashioned swingball which seems never of fallen out of fashion since, I totally approve of the new versions that you can change from the tennis ball to a fooball, the kids have great fun with it.

Solus
08-May-07, 00:16
:eyes

:)

brokencross
08-May-07, 08:07
Wazzup Solus, did you not have any toys??
That is an awfully big white space to say nothing or has a photograph disappeared into internet heaven.

Solus
08-May-07, 12:30
I was left speechless at Rhins cheap shot !! :eek:

And no, i dont have any toys !! i just threw them out of the pram ! :)

Cedric Farthsbottom III
08-May-07, 15:36
Ma worst toy was The Action Man Tank,they advertised it on the telly that ye could do somersaults over rocks,smash through pools of water,drop it down mountainhills.I broke it within an hour.Ma best toys are still the best ones to this day,a pack of felt tip pens and a piece of paper,ye can use your imagination and go from a sunny seaside in Barbados to designing your wife's latest tattoo.It ain't always easy though,cos ma wee mannie sittin on a mushroom smokin a spliff,wi a city landscape behind him has been causing me grief for years.One picture I might never finish.One Day,One Day:lol:

P.s ma wee mannie is a man,no ma ......we'll no go there

Dadie
08-May-07, 19:33
lego never too old to play with it !

Tugmistress
08-May-07, 19:47
Best toys, space hopper, cap gun and rollerskates :D hours of fun

worst toy, crummy version of scalextrix, broke within ten minutes :(

Foxy
08-May-07, 21:57
My best toys from my childhood were a doll called Tippy tumbles and my rollerskates. :)

Snarfer
08-May-07, 22:22
My best toy must have been The Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle

http://www.doyouremember.co.uk/memory.php?memID=2106

mareng
09-May-07, 08:53
childrens toys not big boy toys..motorbikes gps systems computer equip..etc excluded

Sorry - my vote is with Solus :)

But...... for children....................

"Speak'n'Spell"

Great to wake up every morning to the sound of:

"EEEEHHRRRR! That is incorrect! Now spell - 'House'?"

paris
09-May-07, 09:14
Triumph Daytona cracking toy !:)

I like it !! jan x

paris
09-May-07, 09:18
My best toy was a go-cart , had hours of fun on that, worst one was a tiny tears doll who when fed wet its self, I hated girls things, always was a tom boy ! jan x

porshiepoo
09-May-07, 09:39
I used to have a weeble treehouse and absolutely loved it. :lol:
And my first ever pair of rollerskates bought by myself at the great age of about 8 when I won £3 in a national writing comp. The skates cost me £1 and they were those metal expanding ones that went over your shoes and made a blinkin awful racket. lol.
Lego - never too old.

Worst = These modern toys that mean kids are stuck in their rooms day after day instead of getting outside in the fresh and building their imaginations, namely: Game boys of all descriptions, XBox and their like, Computers etc etc.

Dadie
09-May-07, 11:48
we also had a farm animal set which provided hours of fun until most the small bits found their way into the hoover! Dad said the chickens and piglets were the most annoying to find by bare feet at 3am...