PDA

View Full Version : Some MAYDAYS gigs...

theboysintheband
07-May-07, 14:21
If anyone is around these cities on these dates, we'd really appreciate it if you came along...

the Maydays
19th May The Tunnels, Aberdeen
29th June Barrowlands 2, Glasgow

Cheers

foreveruntitled
08-May-07, 15:40
Il be there, well for aberdeen anyway.

guitarzan
08-May-07, 18:28
if i can scrape together some loose change a may make the journey also ;)

Jeid
08-May-07, 20:31
Good luck guys, The Tunnels looks like a great place to play... wouldn't mind getting down there ourselves. Hope it goes well.

theboysintheband
08-May-07, 20:49
When I stayed in Aberdeen a few years back the scene was a bit heavier, more your style than ours, and although I know its gotten much more indie I think it'll still has a big place for your kinda thing. If you can find The Tunnels myspace, try speakin' to a guy 'Hen' whos in the Top friends bit, I dont know the bloke but I know he takes alot to do with it!

Guitarzan, get a sub of a Big John, hes a generous man!

Jeid
08-May-07, 22:57
Aye man, it was the same when I lived down there too (around 2002/03). There were lots of heavy influenced bands around. In fact, one of the bands I was in has done very well for themselves.

I'll be sure to check that out man, cheers for the tip :)

guitarzan
09-May-07, 14:26
haha boysintheband...

am no sayin he's no generous, but the money tree in the back garden died last week.... you know how it is... :)

theboysintheband
09-May-07, 18:23
haha! I feel silly callin' yee at and even sillier bein called ma thing one as its a fruity name!

theboysintheband
19-Aug-07, 18:59
THE MAYDAYS
The Ark, Waterloo Place,
Edinburgh
Thursday 23rd August

If your in the city for the festival it would be nice to have you along!!

The Pepsi Challenge
20-Aug-07, 13:47
Enjoy the gig, guys - The Ark is a cool, and very welcome venue. The guy also doing your sound on the night is a good friend of mine, and an ex-Caithness pat.

theboysintheband
21-Aug-07, 12:18
I think I know the boy your on about...bearded (at that point!) bloke with specticals? It was doin' a gig in Henrys once and he said he was Thurso cheil...is that likely to be him?

I know I need to inform you 6 weekin' in advance pepsi but we're playin' Cabaret Voltaire on the 16th of September...if you can make it, majic!

Gona try to get along to the Rat Pack Piano Bar on Thursday to catch a bit of Mr Linton Osbourne! is that the bar down the steps??I've always wanted to go there!!

Gleber2
21-Aug-07, 16:04
!

Gona try to get along to the Rat Pack Piano Bar on Thursday to catch a bit of Mr Linton Osbourne! is that the bar down the steps??I've always wanted to go there!!

Belongs to Mark Mowbry now and if you're awful nice to him, he might let you play there.:D

The Pepsi Challenge
21-Aug-07, 16:14
Dead right about the bearded one - he works at both Henrys and The Ark. Sep 16th? I'll see. Seems every Thurso band wants a review in the city. Glad for the demand, though; will see what I can do.

Gleber2 - see if that son of yours can accompany Shona to Napoli. She's been asked to play a gig there at short notice and all her musician pals seem to be busy this weekend. Unless both of you want to do it?

Gleber2
21-Aug-07, 16:57
Gleber2 - see if that son of yours can accompany Shona to Napoli. She's been asked to play a gig there at short notice and all her musician pals seem to be busy this weekend. Unless both of you want to do it?

He's got three gigs this weekend and has regretfully declined the invitation.

theboysintheband
21-Aug-07, 17:44
Thurso Band!?! No, no, no...I'm from Staxigoe!lol! We'd likely be classed as a Wick band...although none of us live there or ever have done!!

We're no efter a review Pepsi...I meant for you to have the night off and just come down for a jar and take in the tunes and hopefully enjoy them!!! If their not too unbearable!

when can I catch JBIA?

Gleber2 - if this is true wat u say then this Mark Mowbry is a top, top geezer! i'm awey til practise being nice!

Deemac
21-Aug-07, 18:44
He's got three gigs this weekend and has regretfully declined the invitation.

And I hope 2 of them are with me . . . . (Invergordon - here we come!!):D

Where's the 3rd gig? (I assume on Sunday)

guitarzan
21-Aug-07, 21:38
are you playin yersels in cab vol funz or you playin wae another crew?

mgt see if i can get the time off for that cos we'll lekly be in the deen by then anyway! is it a sat ngt aye?

theboysintheband
21-Aug-07, 23:40
Cab Vol is on a sunday night with 2 other bands. The main one were reviewed in NME last week and are from Leicester I think, The Displacements.(http://www.myspace.com/thedisplacements) The other is a local band called We were promised Jetpacks.(http://www.myspace.com/wewerepromisedjetpacks)

If your plannin' it gee me a txt(got me blower back!!) or sutn cos we can get tickets cheap from the venue if we ask for them, something like 3 quid instead of 7. Myself and Swannie will be over 4 ur Aberdeen gig.

The Pepsi Challenge
22-Aug-07, 05:36
Can't make Thursday as I'm covering Hot Club de Paris and The Cuban Brothers (my favourite live band of the moment). Will definitely try and get along to see you (Wickers) play in September, though.

Meanwhile, come along to the Ratpack on Thursday if you get a chance. Marc won't be reviewing the style of music performed there until after the festival - it's still strictly a piano bar - however things may change so feel free to jar him about it. And of course, Linton Osborne will be onstage from about 9 to midnight. He's got some better jokes, and at least two costume changes this time. Oh aye, and expect a new wig from Turbo, too.

Enjoy!

p.s. JBIA play at the jazz bar, on Chambers Street, on the first Thursday of every month as part of the THIRTYNINE funk club. The craic starts at about 11pm, and we kick off the jam session after our half-hour set, so feel free to come down and join in. Rapping is optional.

theboysintheband
28-Oct-07, 17:30
The Maydays
The Ark, Waterloo Place
Edinburgh

4th Nov £ ? (It'll no be much tho!)
8-ish

If you happen to be in the city ur welcome to come along!

Cheers

Darren :D

canuck
28-Oct-07, 19:18
The Maydays
The Ark, Waterloo Place
Edinburgh

4th Nov £ ? (It'll no be much tho!)
8-ish

If you happen to be in the city ur welcome to come along!

Cheers

Darren :D

Well, Pepsi, are you free?

Down side: it will mean missing the org quiz that night.
Up side: at least I now know the bus route to Waterloo Place.

The Pepsi Challenge
29-Oct-07, 08:03
Think am covering the Spectrum festival at the Queens Hall that night, canuck. If not, then it's a date :)

theboysintheband
29-Oct-07, 16:48
If u troops can make it that'd be great!

The band haven't played, wrote or practised for a whiley so it'll be a gay rough set!

If u can't make it...we're playin' a Club Night in The Tron on the 24th...it'l prob be a better night...and cheaper drinks I'd Imagine!!

Cheers

Darren

canuck
04-Nov-07, 17:16
The band does not need an archetypal mother sitting in the audience spreading cold germs, so I think I'll pass on tonight's gig. Pepsi loses cuz I was buying!

foreveruntitled
05-Nov-07, 23:38
How did the gig go Darren?

theboysintheband
06-Nov-07, 22:26
It didna!

Something to do with a lack of Amps on our behalf and the other band wanting to finish early...Things were runnin' late with their sound check and we just offered to not play.

Everyone was Happy!

Cheers tho!