PDA

View Full Version : New Chairman for Wick Academy

Venture
27-May-05, 22:45
After tonight's AGM Colin Stewart is the new chairman of Wick Academy for all you supporters who haven't heard.

jambo
27-May-05, 22:51
ahhhhhhhhhhhh poor jackie [lol] [lol] [lol]

champagnebaby
27-May-05, 22:53
Does that mean Jackie's oot the door then??

Might actually start creeping back up the league if he is - well we can live in hope i s'ppose :lol:

What's the latest regarding the scandal of money being paid in to that fund thingy?? Infact can someone tell me what the right crack about it was/is???

bandite
27-May-05, 22:54

Venture
27-May-05, 23:24
It would seem that Gunn was ready to use postal votes he had gathered but the idea was thrown out. The vote went to the floor and he lost to Colin Stewart by 30 votes to 12. Wullie Gunn is the vice chairman. The secretary's post was up for re-election but Carter didn't turn up so as far as I know no new secretary was elected although it was said that Ken Wood was to stand against him. Allan Tait and Alistair Ross are new cttee members. Unfortunately Jackie Gunn is still on the cttee but hopefully not for long.

Venture
27-May-05, 23:30
champagnebaby - I take it you mean the Development Fund. Unfortunately its nothing to do with Wick Academy if you listen to Jackie Gunn. It is a charity. Nevertheless according to the balance sheet at tonight's meeting the Development Fund once again donated money to Academy's finances to the tune of £3000. A disgrace considering people think they are buying these Lucky Letters tickets to help build a new stadium.

bandite
28-May-05, 09:58
GONE

the_C.A.S.E._of_death
28-May-05, 11:11
If the Secretary post was up for re-election, why was it not filled ?

Just because the shady character who currently occupies it doesn't turn up, is no reason to leave it limbo.

Infact, quite the opposite.

exweeker
28-May-05, 16:05
carter has now gone to and jack only thinks wafc got nothing to do with the socalled charity money but new admin will let him know better

wi46
28-May-05, 19:26
with the commitee oot what will all the weekers blame for poor results now?

jambo
28-May-05, 19:46
what poor results :evil

willrob
28-May-05, 21:57
: :D D Lets hope that the new chairman and committee have every success and don't listen to the drivel that some people write in the groat [lol] . that guy Malky Mackay :evil didn't make a great job of things when he was involved. in fact he made a right b___s of it

Venture
28-May-05, 22:00
Least a WAFC player got to represent his country.

jambo
28-May-05, 22:26
never knew u were a j gunn fan will :o)

willrob
29-May-05, 07:53
never said i was a fan of his.
I know he had to go for the good of the club but i don't believe that everything he has done has been bad. So lets give him some credit if the amount of money in the development fund is as much as rumoured

Venture
29-May-05, 19:27
What makes you think HE is responsible for putting the money in the Development Fund. All he did was go round the shops collecting the money that had been put there by members of the public. And what about recognition for all the others who have sold hundreds of tickets, like Woggy and those who sold them ofshore for years.

willrob
29-May-05, 22:52
Everyone who buys, sells and collects tickets (J. G. included) deserves credit.

dogman
30-May-05, 15:56
i'm quite a young academy fan and was wonderin if i could get some help from the more mature scorrie. i want to know what state the chairman previous jg left the club in and where jg took them from there. also what is the crak way this academy for change carry on. i only ever hear them greetin about jg and wanting him out, they never say where how they would like the club to develope. seems awful negative for a supporters club.

veritas
30-May-05, 16:11
Dogman

suggest you look at theUnofficialWAFC website where the AFC development programme was outlined