PDA

View Full Version : Bumped into a Wicker.......

scotsboy
06-May-07, 15:13
.....in Bahrain yesterday, we were watching the Old Firm game in the same boozer, also met a guy whose wife hails from Golspie.......small World eh.

ANNIE
06-May-07, 20:58
small world right enough

Dr Evil
06-May-07, 21:03
i was in bahrain for 7 months only just got back on friday and i met loadsa peopkle that was asking for people from up here and had relatives then i met a guy from thurso!!!

what bar was it in

Cinders392
06-May-07, 21:25
It is a very small world, like going to Inverness you can never leave without seeing a Wicker. Not as far as Bahrain though

Tristan
06-May-07, 21:41
Before we moved up, whenever I told anyone I was heading up to Wick all I got was "My friend is from..." or "I know someone from..." Wickers seemed to be everywhere.

horseman
07-May-07, 00:47
I mind working in west africa and my boss's wife came from Thurso! We got a good crack going there.:)

lynne duncan
07-May-07, 10:12
we were queueing to get into disneyworld and faither tapped the lad in front on the shoulder and it was someone he had worked with in dounreay

the next time in disneyworld couple of years later, again he went to speak to the couple at the next table, it was the person who had tested his hearing in inverness the week before

scotsboy
07-May-07, 14:54
i was in bahrain for 7 months only just got back on friday and i met loadsa peopkle that was asking for people from up here and had relatives then i met a guy from thurso!!!

what bar was it in

I met this guy in the Dilmun Club in Sar - however I have been known to frequent some of the other bars.

obiron
07-May-07, 15:51
aye wickers get everywhere...still wouldnt have thought you would meet one in bahrain. it is a small world after all.

Dadie
07-May-07, 15:55
we have met people from caithness in Bulgaria when i went skiing used to go to school with 1 of them.

elamanya
07-May-07, 18:35
lynsey talyor from thurso and tanya horne from wick, were in the pool and beach area of the west edmonton shopping mall, when a woman stopped them and asked are you girls from caithness, she was from thurso herself originally and heard the accents ....

ANNIE
07-May-07, 21:27

scotsboy
08-May-07, 15:32
I've actually met a lot of Thurso people on my travels in Australia, USA, Nigeria, Togoland, France, Germany, Singapore.......etc etc, also met loads of people (or descendents of people) from Lybster! This was the first Wicker though.

Dr Evil
14-May-07, 13:18
did you ever venture into the manama area of bahrain for the british club, jjays irish bar, bj's nightclub, rock bottoms, trendy bar, camelots castle, cosmos any of these ring bells?!?!?!?!

scotsboy
14-May-07, 15:10
I've been in them all mate and more.................better not go into too much detail though;)