PDA

View Full Version : Wick Tesco

rfr10
27-May-05, 19:12
Wick Tesco and petrol pumps are a step closer to Wick as I have been told. If they are granted planning permission, they will be situated beside what used to be Caithness Glass.

Ill give you more information when things have been said.

champagnebaby
27-May-05, 19:43
Read that in the paper today did you??

Rheghead
27-May-05, 20:43
It did say in the Groat that Wick councillors are enthusiastic that Tesco have chosen to invest in Wick. This somehow goes against the common belief that they are in cahoots with the local fuel cartel doesn't it?

~~Tides~~
27-May-05, 21:07
Please tell me something i dont know.

rfr10
29-May-05, 11:09
prob was in e paper but i dont read newspapers.

wicker
31-May-05, 10:55
does anyone have the number that was advertised in groat a couple of weeks ago to contact regarding job opportunities at tesco

~~Tides~~
31-May-05, 18:18

Mabey you should. So you can get your fact right.

Rheghead
02-Jun-05, 17:34
Just had a thought, if/when Tesco comes to Wick then Thurso will be outside the limit distance for their home delivery service which is 12 miles.

garycs
05-Jun-05, 21:13
There doesn't seem to be any sense to Tesco's delivery policy. The one in Carlisle will deliver to Penrith (18 miles) and Shap (29 miles) but not to my house which is on the road to Shap from Penrith :confused I've seen them driving past several times :( Neither will they deliver to Longtown which is only 8 miles from the store :confused

daviddd
05-Jun-05, 21:40

Mabey you should. So you can get your fact right.I think Robin's only 14 so we can make allowances [lol] ;)

champagnebaby
06-Jun-05, 02:13
Yeah but he comes on here posting information like he's telling us a secret - when it's usually stuff that's been in the paper or everyone knows already

rfr10
07-Jun-05, 18:24
Can someone not post a message with out getting complained at??!

teddybear1873
07-Jun-05, 18:39
does anynoe know about a top man from tesco who was in Thurso today looking around at sites...not sure if it's gossip, but knowing this toon it probably alot of tripe....