PDA

View Full Version : Closure threat to Keiss, Dunnet and Thrumster Nurseries

kjl
27-May-05, 12:13
I am sure alot of people have seen the article in todays Groat (27/05/05) but can I urge the people of Caithness to get behind the protests to prevent yet another cut in our local services.

I cannot speak for all of these nurseries but I have been lucky enough to witness first hand the commitment and dedication of staff that Keiss nursery provides the pupils that go there.

I have to question the effect on other local services, including the primary school itself, if our local community loses the nursery, will it be the beginning of the end for a tightly knit community that brings together young and old??

I am disgusted at the seemingly underhand methods in deciding the fate of these three nurseries and would welcome the opportunity of public consultation, if we can have faith in that proccess??

In the meantime I would urge people please to write to local councillors and parlimentary members and anyone else they can think of to help us SAVE OUR LOCAL NURSERIES.

weeboyagee
27-May-05, 13:13
Thoroughly support you on this one kjl. Got a phone call this morning telling me that Thrumster's nursery is threatened and my niece is going there. What's more is that the nursery is on the increase. They have had problems with threats over the primary school so I agree - this is a back hand way of getting the people to go elsewhere and making them stay elsewhere when it comes to primary school enrolement - back door way of moving the people away from the shools and giving the excuse to close it! [mad]

You have my support and I am sure the support of many others - I believe that some of the Thrumster lot are speaking to Jamie Stone today. I am not sure what this will achieve but I expect to hear tonight and I'll have some time to think of what else can be done here - what's everyone elses views and ideas???