PDA

View Full Version : Shopping

Ash
05-May-07, 17:46
hey this may be a stupid thread but was wondering where everyone does their food shopping, i used til jst shop in one place, i spent a fortune and hardly had anything to show for it, yesterday i did some in fraser,lidls and somerfield and saved alot, i was and still am all for tesco but the prices have increased i go in and spent alot, partly my own fault, :roll:

footie chick
05-May-07, 19:03
Tescos is far too tempting to buy other things your not needing :lol: I normally do tescos on line but have the Frasers, Co-op and Somerfield offers to hand and shop accordingly.
Frasers I find have very good deals and different stuff other than the supermarkets choise.

Ash
05-May-07, 19:24
:D frasers always have good offers, being getting my meat from butcher aswell, so muc better

footie chick
05-May-07, 20:03
:D being getting my meat from butcher aswell, so muc better

tastier and cheaper ;)

Ash
05-May-07, 20:08
although im rushing about more ...... i preffer shopping around, the meat in somerfield is really bad, as is some of there veg, lidl veg is really tasty! oh and there fruit juices :Razz

emszxr
05-May-07, 20:10
i live near brora so all that is on offer here is the co-op, which is a just impossible to get everything i need in. so every couple of weeks or so, i go to a tescos, inverness, dingwall or wick, wick being the one i am starting to use the most as its quicker for me to get there than the other 2 stores. if they delivered as far as me then i would use them online, but they dont. the only meat i buy is chicken from tescos. we have a freezer full of venison that hubby shot, pork that we reared ourselves and lamb from a local crofter.

Max
05-May-07, 20:35
Sometimes Tesco online, lidl's, occassionally Co-op and the butchers

Dreamweaver
06-May-07, 16:25
I do like Tesco online. Sometimes if you spend more than £50 you get a fiver off which pays for your delivery. It means I don't make impulse buys like you do when wandering round the shop in a daze! Lidls is great too, cheap fruit and veg which is good quality, plonk is good value. I do like a bargain though and Frasers are great for that.

itsteven
06-May-07, 16:51
i do my shopping from tesco on line that means i get what i want and not the kids and the guys who deliver the food is really nice and help so no fuss :lol:

lexie
06-May-07, 17:29
aye and good staff as well in Frasers ...pack your bags and they are always cheerie!

Ash
06-May-07, 17:34
well friday was first time i actually did some shopping in frasers, went to make a sandwich for my 3year old, and the ham was past its sell by date! [evil]
so not very happy

lexie
07-May-07, 11:26
Strange:confused .....as I know the dates get checked everyday!..let them know thats how things get sorted and not happen again!..

but there again............. mistakes can happen ...tell them and take it back...

Dadie
07-May-07, 13:34
Somerfield and lidls for the "big shop" frasers for mags and sneaky malteasers tescos when in wick but i tend to avoid the co-op its to hard to get around with the buggy and if there is a bogof offer on there is only 1 left on the shelf

molly
07-May-07, 14:04
I tried shopping on line with Tescos and used code = XX-SCT5 to get £10.00 off when i spent over £50.00. If you want to try them online, good way of starting,.

obiron
07-May-07, 14:36
mixture of tesco, sommerfield and lidl. find that booze is a long way cheaper in sommerfield than in tescos. food shopping is pretty much the same.

dunderheed
07-May-07, 17:59
although im rushing about more ...... i preffer shopping around, the meat in somerfield is really bad, as is some of there veg, lidl veg is really tasty! oh and there fruit juices :Razz

find this a strange on as sommerfield get a fresh delivery every day whereas lidl's dont.

stevep
07-May-07, 20:20
Are there any farmers markets or similar in the area?

Fucas Serratas
09-May-07, 19:20
I usually look at all the leaflets with offers that come in the door from Somerfield, Coop, Lidl's, Frasers and shop between them. I only use Tescos if I happen to be over in Wick, which is rare.:lol:

Ash
09-May-07, 20:17
find this a strange on as sommerfield get a fresh delivery every day whereas lidl's dont.

i have taken numerous of items back to somefield, lettuce, off meat and very lumpy milk! xx