PDA

View Full Version : The Red Pepper

Ash
05-May-07, 15:34
the red pepper in thurso is such a lovley place for food, i have been there loads and the food gets better each time, lovely service and nice and clean
highly recommend it :D

connieb19
05-May-07, 16:34
Where about in Thurso is it?

Ash
05-May-07, 16:38
its the holborn
the place is wonderful:)

connieb19
05-May-07, 16:55
Ah right, I have heard it's good. :)

vwchick
12-May-07, 23:33
Who's the chef, does anyone know?

Bobinovich
05-Nov-07, 22:37
Was treated to a birthday meal here tonight by my OH. Being a miserable Monday night it was quiet - actually we were the only two in!. We both opted for the Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato soup to start - it was piping hot, served with plenty of warm french baguette, and had a superb rich flavour.

We were a little diappointed that the main course menu was dominated by seafood dishes, not being that keen on them, so we settled for the fillet steaks. Despite asking for well done they did come back a little too pink, but were soon taken away with apologies and bought back spot on.

After that we had to wait a few minutes before pudding could be contemplated! However a couple of ice cream sundaes later and we were well and truly stuffed.

The food, from start to finish, was delicious, however I felt it was a bit overpriced. But as I wasn't paying I wasn't in a position to complain :Razz.

Would happily recommend especially if you fancy a good choice of seafood.

jings00
18-Nov-07, 15:28
Can't say I can agree, I was taken out to lunch here and opted for ling, and it was pretty inedible. My friend had also booked a table for a few of us to go for an evening meal and a catch up with the crack, but she was phoned by the management in the afternoon of the day we were due to go, asking us to change our booking time to an earlier slot as they wanted the table for another booking, which would have meant in, eat the food and out, a bit rushed for our liking. My friend cancelled the booking.
Also, not sure where you could get a wheelchair in, is there access at the back????

Anne x
20-Nov-07, 01:05
Delicious food !!! Scallops and Black Pudding starter Mmmm Sea Bass Main Mmmm Panacotta Sweet OH Steak friends Venison & Mey Pork all delicious

jings00
21-Nov-07, 17:18
maybe third time lucky for me!!! :-)

windswept
21-Nov-07, 23:04
Ive had 3 good meals there but the last was disappointing.

Scallops & black pudding - scallops were funny couldn't put my finger on what was amiss - possibly cooked from frozen?, black pudding still had the plastic on it - okay if at home and you like it that the way but not for eating out. Goats cheese tart wasn't at all what I had expected. filo pasty case was burnt on the bottom and the rest required too much effort to eat. Didn't bother with pudding after that.

But 1 bad meal in 4 probably isnt that bad. the dining room is comfortable and the toilets are clean (which is always a good sign) and the staff pleasant. I'd go back.