PDA

View Full Version : Ongoing harassment of young disabled gay man in caithness

Sgitheanach
06-Jul-16, 19:41
On Saturday a young gay man with disabilities was assaulted in the public toilets in wick .The police were called and arrested the attacker who was later released without charge. On Sunday night the attacker was re arrested and charged but now allegations have been made against the victim and he has been arrested . The victim has suffered a sustained period of anti gay harassment for more than a year and had to appeal directly to the chief constable in inverness as his complaints up here were not being taken seriously . Now the police seem to have what they want a gay criminal .

Michael Dennis
06-Jul-16, 22:32
This is really really disgusting. I myself am gay and have witnessed issues with the police and sexuality based complaints being dealt with inappropriately by the police. However, there are some real issues with under 18 younger guys within the community, especially online through meeting apps, causing issues, especially in trying to meet men whilst not giving a true age. This is going unchecked by the apps and is fuelling the fire. There is a bigger problem at large, which I seriously think the police should be dealing with through education, and not all may be as it seems. The promiscuity in public places, like the toilets, of some of the guys, in some cases under 16 as well, is currently out of hand and is putting them in danger.

Angel
07-Jul-16, 00:06
I agree with Michael Dennis...but I have to ask several question first...
It it because he was gay, if so how would the attacker know, or is it because he was disabled. Was it because he was just there?
With-out witnessing we cannot pass judgement...
I support equality and diversity but am also aware that some people dont...
BE CAREFUL AND BE SAFE is all I can say...

Angel...