PDA

View Full Version : For Men only

Fran
05-May-07, 00:48
Men......if your hair became very thin or even falling out would you shave it all off or would it not really bother you??? It would be very interesting to know your answers.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
05-May-07, 01:06
As a baldy,I shave ma hair to a No 1.Ma 666 tattoo is fairly showin so it disnae really matter now.Here watch the way ye name yer threads I thought ye had put up a picture of a lovely cows maid with a lovely pair of jugs......of milk.:lol: :lol:

golach
05-May-07, 01:09
I am 67 and have a full head of hair, as did my father who died aged 85, hopefully I will have the same genes

SNOWDOG
05-May-07, 08:21
Shaving seems to be in just now!

maidencaithness
05-May-07, 08:47
Go for a No 2 cut every time.

Rheghead
05-May-07, 11:01
I once used Vosene shampoo for a while, my hair started to fall out rapido, I thought that was me for life as a baldy. I switched to something else and it stopped falling out.

Bin that Vosene boys!!

Semiazas
05-May-07, 11:09
Shave it.

Shaven always feels better...

;)

Solus
05-May-07, 11:41
Think it would be a rather nifty comb over job :)

j4bberw0ck
05-May-07, 12:06
Go for a No 2 cut every time.

That's my preference - well maybe a No. 3 so's not to look too much like something that scares little old ladies (that's about the rest of me rather than a general comment about short hair). Works with the brain bucket, too :cool:

Cinders392
05-May-07, 18:15
shave! I like a hairy man but in these circumstances I would shave, hair will grow back

Ricco
05-May-07, 20:16
Number 3 all over in the summer; number 3 on back and sides with number 4 on top in winter.:D

horseman
05-May-07, 22:39
I'm with golach, for a change.:lol:

johno
05-May-07, 23:08
ive still got a good head of hair, i dont bother with fancy shampoo, if its there i use it otherwise just soap when im showering, its not got a lot o grey init yet, no bald bits.
but when & if it goes its gone, not bothered, no baldy cuts no dyeing no shaving & definately no hats or camaflaging with combing over the missing bits,would,nt work anyway its still to curly [lol]

oldmarine
06-May-07, 20:19
I am nearly 82 yrs with a full head of grey hair.
Once a month I hand the electric clippers to my wife for a haircut.
She cuts off all my hair to the point where I am near bald.
I haven't been to a barber since I retired.
That was close to 16 years ago.
Don't feel that I any longer need grooming.

:roll: :lol:

horseman
07-May-07, 00:58
I am nearly 82 yrs with a full head of grey hair.
Once a month I hand the electric clippers to my wife for a haircut.
She cuts off all my hair to the point where I am near bald.
I haven't been to a barber since I retired.
That was close to 16 years ago.
Don't feel that I any longer need grooming.

:roll: :lol:

Smashing!!! I have a hair dressing daughter and she looks after me and wife all the time.

Errogie
07-May-07, 22:03
I used to go to a barber in Olrig Street just up the road from Top Joe's and he always had a fag in his mouth while he was cutting your hair. The smoke used to sting your eyes and ash dropped in your lugs.

Got so fed up with this that one day when I was about 15 I cut my own hair and my mother never really noticed the difference as it was curly anyway. So have just carried with it doing the back by touch and have had almost 45 years of not paying barbers bills which would have added up to a small fortune by now if I'd put the money into a savings account or something similar. Fortunately most of the thatch is still there but not so thick which makes it less good at shedding the rain than it used to be.

Jeemag_USA
07-May-07, 22:13
I usually keep my hair short anyway, I take after my fathers side and none of them went bald, only thin between top and sides. But if I did start going bald I would keep a buzz cut, and definately not wear a wig or use hair restorer, don't see the point, you are who you are.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
08-May-07, 16:03
I once used Vosene shampoo for a while, my hair started to fall out rapido, I thought that was me for life as a baldy. I switched to something else and it stopped falling out.

Bin that Vosene boys!!

I never used Vosene Rheghead.One day I had a quiff like Elvis Presley,the next mornin I woke up like Alf Garnet......well except for the West Ham connection.....who would support them.........on The Huddersfield Town....oops nae fitbaw in the general......sorry:lol: :lol:

scotsboy
08-May-07, 16:46
I shave my head, to the box with a razor - wouldn't thank you for a head of hair now, more trouble than its worth. :)

Fran
11-May-07, 01:54
Thank you all for your replies, very interesting. It seems a lot of men like to shave their heads when their hair gets thin or even if their hair isn't going thin.
Women can get wigs but I dont think men can.
Did you know that when women get chemotherapy they are offered a machine called a cold cap which is placed on their head. and prevents the loss of hair during tratment. The electrical machine is cold, hence the name. It seems this isnt offered to men when they get chemo, but they too can get upset when their hair falls out.

trinkie
11-May-07, 11:10
I have put a poem on the Lit section - "The Man with the Single Hair...." it might amuse you !

Trinkie

NickInTheNorth
11-May-07, 11:26
Women can get wigs but I dont think men can.
Did you know that when women get chemotherapy they are offered a machine called a cold cap which is placed on their head. and prevents the loss of hair during tratment. The electrical machine is cold, hence the name. It seems this isnt offered to men when they get chemo, but they too can get upset when their hair falls out.

Pretty certain that this machine was invented / developed by a cousin of Jeremy Paxman after his wife was diagnosed with cancer. They heard something about cold being good for slowing down or preventing hair loss, the rest is history.

Oh they also ran / run? a business supplying and fitting drinks dispense cooling equipment (beer coolers) hence they had the technical expertise needed :)

And I run a number one over my thinning locks every few weeks...