PDA

View Full Version : sunburn

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
27-May-05, 09:11
got totally fried tuesday and yesterday at work - anyone got any tips for sunburn other than aftersun , have been packing it on and sudocream at nights and no sign of becoming any less like a body with a tomato stuck on my shoulders.....

buggyracer
27-May-05, 09:35
use something with aloevera in it nature,s burn cream, you do get aftersun with it in it.

Zael
27-May-05, 09:39
try calamine lotion.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
27-May-05, 09:45
ta, aloevera seems to be the answer to everything these days!!

ŠAmethyst
27-May-05, 13:40
I go with Calamine every time.

I've got very very fair skin and burn too easily. And when I do burn, it's usually very bad - I find Calamine best. But I guess it's just your own skins reaction with creams as everyone is completely different in that respect and it'll take longer for some to heal using one cream than some others using same cream.

(Just re-read that, does it make sense to anyone else? lol)

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
27-May-05, 14:01
yeah my skin right fair too - still bright red the now- disaster!

caithnessgirl
27-May-05, 14:04
Tomatoes (yeah i no it sounds weird!) are meant to help!!

nicnak
27-May-05, 18:08
hi the best thing to use initially is natural yoghurt straight out of the fridge then wash it off carefully and use aloe vera (the cold pressed is the best to use)
hope this helps
nicnak

Julia
27-May-05, 21:18
Natural yogurt should do it! Slap it on thick and let it to the work

sassylass
29-May-05, 19:18
Try dabbing on white vinegar. Coat your skin well, let it dry, and leave it. At first it stings like heck, and you will smell like a salad for about 30 minutes, but white vinegar does heal sunburn faster than anything I know.

My mother used to douse us when we got sunburned and often we woke up the next morning with a tan, and no more burn. It works best when you apply it as soon as possible.

Mind you, if you have second degree sunburn, nothing but time is going to help.

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
29-May-05, 20:08
thanks for tips but long since gone, with work and stuff didnt manage to try out anything other than sudocream - so for future reference the stuff is magic

ŠAmethyst
29-May-05, 21:27
I tried vinegar once... didn't like it, nor did my skin.