PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a DJ?

jimmymcc
25-Jun-16, 23:18
Hi folks,
I'm looking for a DJ to do a couple of hours for us in the beginning of August. We just want some mixed music to keep our guests entertained until the wedding band start. Will pay the going rate....Whatever it may be...Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks

DSTOTM
25-Jun-16, 23:40
What is the"going rate"? That is the question..........

DSTOTM
25-Jun-16, 23:54
Peters and Lee £40 per hour

Status Quo £750 per minute

The full Hendrix £7,500 per second.

I would opt for Roger Whittaker if I were you ;)

DSTOTM
25-Jun-16, 23:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKdRpDpIR70

jimmymcc
28-Jun-16, 19:54
Hi DSTOTM,
Thanks for the replies! As entertaining as they are.....they're not very helpful. Looking at the time that they were posted I'm guessing that there may have been alcohol involved???? It's good to know that that it's not only me that does this type of thing :-)

Still looking for a DJ if anyone can help??

davem
28-Jun-16, 23:38
Are you sure the band wouldn't just let you run a phone or an ipod through their PA, you could do your own playlist or get people to suggest stuff and get a spotify list going - cheaper than a DJ

DSTOTM
28-Jun-16, 23:52
Hi DSTOTM,
Thanks for the replies! As entertaining as they are.....they're not very helpful. Looking at the time that they were posted I'm guessing that there may have been alcohol involved???? It's good to know that that it's not only me that does this type of thing :-)

Still looking for a DJ if anyone can help??

erm... no...... I was being half serious........ what would you like?

jimmymcc
30-Jun-16, 19:24
Hi davem,
Thanks for the reply. The problem is that the ceremony is at 4pm and the band won't be at the venue until around 8pm so i'm just looking for a bit of music to fill the void....distract me from thinking/regretting too much :-)

linnie612
03-Jul-16, 13:43
Hi folks,
I'm looking for a DJ to do a couple of hours for us in the beginning of August. We just want some mixed music to keep our guests entertained until the wedding band start. Will pay the going rate....Whatever it may be...Any help is appreciated.

Many thanks

Peter Sutherland's disco, Lybster?