Donald Mackay
John Rosie Independent
Marion Thurso Scottish Liberal Democrats

Ward 3 - Wick

William Fernie Independent
Katrina MacNab Independent
Graeme Smith Scottish Liberal Democrats

Ward 4 - Landward Caithness

David Bremner Scottish National Party (SNP)
Robert Coghill Independent
David Flear Scottish Liberal Democrats
William MacKay Independent

Cattach
04-May-07, 14:27
Result for Thurso as expected. Saxon suffered due to the Asda vote. Donnie Mackay bucked this trend becuase he is a bit of an 'old wife' and managed to hold on to the 'co-op wifie vote'!

Gogglebox
04-May-07, 14:28
Donnie Mackay bucked this trend becuase he is a bit of an 'old wife' and managed to hold on to the 'co-op wifie vote'!

Class political punditry

Rheghead
04-May-07, 16:40
I am surprised Graeme Smith got back in considering he rejected the ASDA plan, he went Lib dem then independent then Lib Dem, in out, in out shake it all about, and his extreme pro-windfarm stance...

emb123
04-May-07, 17:01
I am surprised Graeme Smith got back in considering he rejected the ASDA plan, he went Lib dem then independent then Lib Dem, in out, in out shake it all about, and his extreme pro-windfarm stance...
know what you mean, was surprised too. His vote what the deciding vote giving the final 'no' to the last Asda planning application.

Solus
04-May-07, 17:08
Donnie Mackay bucked this trend becuase he is a bit of an 'old wife' and managed to hold on to the 'co-op wifie vote'!

Or maybe its because he knows what people want and represents those people !

emb123
04-May-07, 17:08
Just noticed that congrats to Bill Fernie are in order (not that there was any doubt :) ) !

buggyracer
04-May-07, 17:31
Or maybe its because he knows what people want and represents those people !

solus aka donnie lol

andrewd
04-May-07, 17:54
at least Donnie Mckay came and spoke when we where worken on the street,no walken past ignoring us!

lab
04-May-07, 18:39
Donnie got in because he actually helps is ward. His door is always open and he does all he can to help.
And im not a co-op wifie. I am sorry ive now moved to landward caithness so he is no longer my councilor.

scorrie
04-May-07, 18:46

He was standing in Wick and it seems likely that many Wickers don't give two hoots whether Thurso get an ASDA or not. I know that it did not cause me to drop to my knees in despair.

emb123
04-May-07, 18:55
He was standing in Wick and it seems likely that many Wickers don't give two hoots whether Thurso get an ASDA or not. I know that it did not cause me to drop to my knees in despair.
Bit 'don't mind me Jack, I'm alright' though.

Still I 'spose the result wasn't all bad.

andrewd
04-May-07, 19:14
I hope AI willie an the ither lanward councillers use somthing oot of the boot o willies car till breed a better cash calf for lanward caithness.

Royster1911
04-May-07, 20:14
at least Donnie Mckay came and spoke when we where worken on the street,no walken past ignoring us!

Oh yes, He spoke to me as well. He promised to do somthing about the grass that was not being lifted after it has been cut. He seemed to have forgotten that this was not a new problem but one which he promised to sort out last time round. What a waste of space. Oh, and yes, he was spending a rather lot of time in the co-op grounds.[lol]

andrewd
04-May-07, 20:32
Sorry folks but im new till this,but why did i only see only two or three folk on saturday canvessing in thurso.I live in the country and never seen a sole.Years ago they botherd to come round the doors and spent time with you.

alice
04-May-07, 21:20
I'm confused by the initial posting on this thread as on checking the main page of caithness.org for the Caithness candidates it says that the landward total is for three councillors and the post has four candidates names, so who did win the landward seats?

alice
04-May-07, 21:30
Not confused anymore!!!!!!!!!! Checked Highland Council website and it is 4 councillors that are to be had on the landward area. Should have checked before posting and wouldn't look so stupid!!

scorrie
04-May-07, 21:54
Bit 'don't mind me Jack, I'm alright' though.

Still I 'spose the result wasn't all bad.

I'm not bothered whether Thurso get ASDA or not, just don't think ASDA and Tesco are a good thing long-term. We will have to wait and see. I certainly see little of the mooted positive benefits of Tesco on Wick.

I was really trying to say that Mr Smith would probably have faced a backlash had he been a Thurso Councillor rather than Wick one.

emb123
04-May-07, 22:26
I'm not bothered whether Thurso get ASDA or not, just don't think ASDA and Tesco are a good thing long-term. We will have to wait and see. I certainly see little of the mooted positive benefits of Tesco on Wick.

I was really trying to say that Mr Smith would probably have faced a backlash had he been a Thurso Councillor rather than Wick one.
Ah - I see! True enough! Makes me wonder how appropriate it was that he got the deciding damning vote for an Asda in Thurso though.

Cedric Farthsbottom III
04-May-07, 23:15
Congratulations Bill and Katrina good result for ye both.Have had a tinnie or 2 to celebrate.:D :D At least local democracy works better than the farce thats happened nationally.

jaykay
07-May-07, 11:41

As Roger Saxon found to his cost!!!

peedie
07-May-07, 12:30
i'm really glad A.I wullie got it! i think he'll do a really good job!

jaykay
07-May-07, 12:40
i'm really glad A.I wullie got it! i think he'll do a really good job!
Aye I agree, but spare a thought for all the lonely coos!! How are they going til get serviced when Willie is on councill biz? Could this become an animal welfare issue ? LOL