PDA

View Full Version : Best place in thurso for a second home?

Angel
17-Jun-16, 23:23
Caithness is a beautiful place and in all our time here we have never seen any particular bad places to live but I am sure that from a local Caithnessians point of veiw there are some...

Where is the best place to live in Thurso?
Are there any undesirable places for a young family (2 children, one 3 one 4) in Thurso?

Angel...

DSTOTM
18-Jun-16, 22:31
A "second" home? What's wrong with one home?

cptdodger
19-Jun-16, 00:08
It depends what you class as "undesirable", before I moved to a part of Caithness just outside Thurso, I was warned that some of the people were, as you put it - undesirable. As it turned out, they were the nicest, friendliest folk in all the areas I have lived in up here. What I would class as undesirable having lived in Cities like London (I am Scottish) would be far removed from what you find undesirable, if you have only ever lived in Caithness.

From what I have seen in the seven years I have lived here, anywhere in Thurso is fine.

poppett
19-Jun-16, 14:19
Wherever you live your home is your own castle. What you make of the neighbours is down to you. I live in one of the so-called bad areas in Thurso where every police patrol passes through on a regular basis. However their presence is welcomed by those doing no wrong, and if they are a deterrant to crime all the better. We have a regular council road sweeper and street cleaner who take pride in their work, community wardens too keep an eye out for untidy gardens and abandoned vehicles. Everyone tries to keep their gardens tidy, some with help from the community. I would not want to live anywhere else. We have better neighbours than we have had anywhere else we have lived, neighbourhood watch without the stickers in the windows. Everyone looks out for each other, just as it should be in any community.

mi16
19-Jun-16, 15:46
It depends what you class as "undesirable", before I moved to a part of Caithness just outside Thurso, I was warned that some of the people were, as you put it - undesirable. As it turned out, they were the nicest, friendliest folk in all the areas I have lived in up here. What I would class as undesirable having lived in Cities like London (I am Scottish) would be far removed from what you find undesirable, if you have only ever lived in Caithness.

From what I have seen in the seven years I have lived here, anywhere in Thurso is fine.

So you like Castletown then?

cptdodger
19-Jun-16, 19:18
So you like Castletown then?

That has what to do with the original post ?

mi16
19-Jun-16, 19:54
That has what to do with the original post ?

Absolutely jack