John McKendrick LAB 3,152 14.1% -12.6%
Donald McDonald CON 2,586 11.6% +0.9%
Gordon Campbell IND 957 4.3% +4.3%
Majority 2,323 10.4%
Turnout 22,334 53.4% +1.2%

Swing: 4.4% from LD to SNP

emb123
04-May-07, 08:12
I haven't been able to find out how many rejected papers for Caithness, Sutherland & Easter Ross. In 2003 there were 190 rejected papers

I wonder how many people did not receive their postal ballots.

I also wonder if the number of rejected papers is greater than or equal to the majority.

Gogglebox
04-May-07, 08:41
It was about 1200, cant remember exact number
Was below majority though

emb123
04-May-07, 08:47
It was about 1200, cant remember exact number
Was below majority though
thanks Gogglebox :)

Mr P Cannop
04-May-07, 08:50
who won for the local council ??

Moby
04-May-07, 09:05
The vote count starts at 10am - result should be through by 2pm

Mr P Cannop
04-May-07, 09:09
can someone post them on here ??

badger
04-May-07, 10:48
Many thanks for that - most interesting. How did Gordon Campbell manage to increase his vote - is this a protest or would some really like to see him raising merry hell in Holyrood? Must admit it's a tempting prospect.

Cattach
04-May-07, 12:15
Many thanks for that - most interesting. How did Gordon Campbell manage to increase his vote - is this a protest or would some really like to see him raising merry hell in Holyrood? Must admit it's a tempting prospect.

He works hard at the task and he has the interests of the rea at heart. he may have some odd characteristics but he is also genuine which cannot be said for most aspiring politiians.

misty woman
04-May-07, 12:23
Well said cattach,couldnt have put it better myself.

dozy
04-May-07, 13:30
Do you know if the results can be give County by County .I would like to know how Caithness voted ????

emb123
04-May-07, 13:42
Do you know if the results can be give County by County .I would like to know how Caithness voted ????
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/vote2007/scottish_parliment/html/region_99999.stm

found via this site (The main BBC election coverage) there is a link underneath the postcode for 'results in more detail'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/scotland/default.stm

The official site has a bit of time lag behind the BBC but is here and you can click on the contituency or region link for more info

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/msp/elections/2007/07index.htm

andrewd
04-May-07, 18:34
Salmond says its a new dawn in scottish politics,i hope its no goan to be a`nither cowld,wet&winny four yeer!

Fantoosh
04-May-07, 19:27
I wanted gordon campbell to win, hes a lovely guy. :D

mccaugm
04-May-07, 22:26
I wanted gordon campbell to win, hes a lovely guy. :D

Hes a little eccentric but he means well. Saw him on the tv earlier waving his arms about...not sure why though.

One thing I like about him is he campaigns all the time and not just during the run up to elections.

robbain
07-May-07, 22:14
Hes a little eccentric but he means well. Saw him on the tv earlier waving his arms about...not sure why though.

One thing I like about him is he campaigns all the time and not just during the run up to elections.

Can someone tell me how Rob Gibson SNP was a challenger against Jamie Stone and managed to still become MSP via the List, there should be an inquiry to this, as he was standing as SNP candidate against Jamie Stone, he shouldn't be allowed to stand as a challenger as SNP knew he wouldn't beaten Jamie Stone. What a farce, you can become a MSP either winning or on the list.

Gogglebox
07-May-07, 22:59
Can someone tell me how Rob Gibson SNP was a challenger against Jamie Stone and managed to still become MSP via the List, there should be an inquiry to this, as he was standing as SNP candidate against Jamie Stone, he shouldn't be allowed to stand as a challenger as SNP knew he wouldn't beaten Jamie Stone. What a farce, you can become a MSP either winning or on the list.

Its just the way it works
Annabel Goldie lost her constituency challenge but was the first name on the tory list and was returned.
I think Alex Salmond was the first name on the SNP list incase he didnt win his constituency in which SNP were coming from third

Some candidates make better regional MSPs than constituency MSPs
Although i have know idea how Stone gets back each time, i can only imagine its something to do with John Thursos coat tails who is a good UK constituency MP

ywindythesecond
08-May-07, 22:27

Badger
I voted for Gordon Campbell, on the basis that all candidates wanted to work for the good of the people, but he had the only credible energy policy.
ywindythe second