PDA

View Full Version : In or out - house prices!

Angel
12-Jun-16, 23:03
With so much information and mis-information about I cannot decide wether to buy my house...I am confused with it all!

Does anyone know what the outcomes will be regarding the result?

Thank-you in advance...

Angel...

sam09
13-Jun-16, 10:57
I agree that with no side able to predict what the outcome would be either way, its down to personal choice.

My prediction is that the British Electorate will not vote to leave as with the Scottish Referendum they are to gutless to go it alone.

Angel buy your home it is the best investment you can make. Only if you are confident of future employment of course.

neilsermk1
13-Jun-16, 12:18
[QUOTE=sam09;1149029]I agree that with no side able to predict what the outcome would be either way, its down to personal choice.

My prediction is that the British Electorate will not vote to leave as with the Scottish Referendum they are to gutless to go it alone.

Or intelligent enough to see a pig in a poke when they see one.

neilsermk1
13-Jun-16, 12:20
That should read, "recognise a pig in a poke when they see one"

Tam 2000
13-Jun-16, 16:12
fate will dictate, you all just wish its the remainers that will come up tops. well i do hope you are wrong , we have been told what to do now for years , outwith our so called great britian, nothing great about it . laws on farming, fishing, law , immigration and on and on , go ahead angel and buy your home , they are scaremongering like the tories on the left , listen to mr gove , boris ian ducan mr farage and business leaders , and also more on mr fox, as far as the snp goes , well we will pass on that.

Yoda the flump
13-Jun-16, 20:31
Anyone who says there will be no adverse financial implications for leaving the EU are either deluded, insane or living in cloud cuckoo land - you only need to look at how the pound has been reacting over the last few months.

What you should be asking is just how long this will last for? A year, two, five or more?

Hey, Farage and co might be right, we may be better off in the long run if we leave the EU but then again......

Your choice and you will never know if the right one was made, but don't for one minute be like many who think that leaving the EU will solve all this countries problems, it may solve some (depending on what you think they are) but will undoubtedly bring others.

You never know, in a few years time you might need a visa to go for your holiday in the Med!

Rheghead
15-Jun-16, 22:14
All money that is invested in a house is dead money anyway unless you want to downsize or die.

mi16
17-Jun-16, 09:14
Not quite true in all cases is it?
buy to let or property development for examples

Rheghead
17-Jun-16, 12:22
Not quite true in all cases is it?
buy to let or property development for examples

I think the biggest financial concern with the realisation of monies from a second home is taxation, you gotta look at the faults of the government for that one.

mi16
17-Jun-16, 22:26
I think the biggest financial concern with the realisation of monies from a second home is taxation, you gotta look at the faults of the government for that one.

not really, any business is taxed appropriately
why should buy to let or development enterprises be any different?

Shaggy
18-Jun-16, 01:58
not really, any business is taxed appropriately
why should buy to let or development enterprises be any different?

Buy to let is now taxed on the entire rental income now whereas previously it was only on the yearly profit. If every business was taxed on total income instead of profit, there wouldn't be many left.

mi16
18-Jun-16, 13:11
Buy to let is now taxed on the entire rental income now whereas previously it was only on the yearly profit. If every business was taxed on total income instead of profit, there wouldn't be many left.

if it is not an attractive investment then do not go into it, simple really.

DSTOTM
18-Jun-16, 22:20
The fact that you can actually BUY a house up here for affordable money is good enough reason to buy it but Mr. Spock is correct........... it's dead money unless you want to downsize or die....... it's all relative.

There are a LOT of negatives to buying your own home, you never really "own" it, you are simply a custodian and when you die the house will still be there, you won't..... none of us "own" anything in this life.... "resale" is another thing to look at, it's easy to get out of a rented house but sometimes VERY difficult to get out of a house that you "own"...... so many variables involved....... me, for one, would never buy a house again.... My house has been on the market for 6 years (there's nothing wrong with it) but proving very hard to sell..... the same house in London would sell in 30 minutes of being listed but up here, it's a different kettle of fish entirely.

mi16
19-Jun-16, 15:48
how do you figure that you never really own a home?
One its paid for its yours 100% owned