PDA

View Full Version : Three Pay

zagor
25-May-05, 22:38
Has anyone got a mobile on 3.
What is the coverage like? Just got offered a good deal on one but not sure if it works or not

seasurfer52
25-May-05, 22:47
if you have credit left at end of month they take the lot and u start again beware

Geo
25-May-05, 23:08
There's no 3 coverage in Caithness as far as I know. They have a deal though with O2 so that where there is no 3 coverage they use O2 instead. I find the O2 coverage to be very good here. There are better PAYG deals though from O2, Fresh, SimplyMobile to name a few.

Tugmistress
26-May-05, 11:14
the three network itself is not active up here yet, so no stuff like video calls but you get your normal service ie voice calls and texts and mms service :D
i have been on a payg 3 mobile for over a year now and have had no problems whatsover with them, they seem to 'piggyback' on other signals whichever is the strongest one wherever you happen to be. yes they take any remaining credit after the full 30 days, but you get messages telling you this about 2 days beforehand, personally i reckon that £25 per month ( which i get 500 texts, 50 voice minutes and £1.50 credit) can't be beat :P

squidge
26-May-05, 11:34
im with o2

If i top up £30 per months i get 500 texts with their bolt on which costs me 11.99 300 free anynetwork minutes cos i have topped up £30. this leaves me with £18 credit and i also get 10% credit back every three months.

I find the signal good and only occasional blips.

I have been with them for a couple of years anow and im pleased with them

misschief
26-May-05, 13:02
people people most of you haven't answered zagor's question [mad]

There is no mention of what type of phone it is contract or payg but you have started a debate on the pros and cons of the 3 payg service.

I think good manners dictates that we should at least give the poor person some sort of opinion on our view of the three network. :)

I got a good offer too so thanks to squidge and tugmistress for clearing up the matter of the coverage service for me. Haven't decided if I am going to take the deal or not it sounds too good to be true so will wait for the small print. :lol:

Naefearjustbeer
26-May-05, 14:56
I dont understand why people choose a PAYG tarrif if you are using that much credit every month why not go for a contract? I used to be on a PAYG when I started using £15-£20 a month top up I found it a better deal to change to a contract with free minutes and texts, And you get you phone free , Also upgrades evey year usually free unless you want a fancy phone. With kids its different because limiting credit means you can stop runaway bills coming in.

Dali
26-May-05, 17:03
Well misschief as was said above .There is no 3 network up here just the piggy back of o2.
So no opinion to give .

linzy222
26-May-05, 21:01
I am with o2 and i get for topping up a tenner a month, 300free msg's,300 free wap and i can use the tenner for phone calls, i think it is a good deal coz u r only spending a tenner a month, which does me fine and that is all i need