PDA

View Full Version : Survey Response for Reay Hall

Rheghead
11-May-16, 20:10
Today, committee members have been delivering a survey around the village about what people want from the Hall in the future. We are looking at getting a good response to the survey from the Public which will strengthen our case for funding for the Big Project. We can't justify the need for funding on our own, we need to show that the village will get more out of the Hall after the improvements in order to get that funding.

So please respond to the survey and send it back to the secretary. :Razz

mi16
12-May-16, 20:18
Why havs the committee restricted the survey to the village and excluded the remainder of the district?

Rheghead
12-May-16, 21:06
Why havs the committee restricted the survey to the village and excluded the remainder of the district?

There is no conspiracy or any intention to leave anyone out, if any parishioner wants to respond to the survey then contact the secretary for a form.

Rheghead
12-May-16, 21:34
Hopefully any parishioner can download a form from this link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ylvv2f3v2c1ois9/Reay%20Survey%20form%20%2809-05-16%29%20%282%29.pdf?dl=0

mi16
14-May-16, 12:04
Hopefully any parishioner can download a form from this link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ylvv2f3v2c1ois9/Reay%20Survey%20form%20%2809-05-16%29%20%282%29.pdf?dl=0

That's all well and good for the ones that are online and happen to browse this forum on a regular basis

Rheghead
14-May-16, 12:08
That's all well and good for the ones that are online and happen to browse this forum on a regular basis

If you feel that some households are missing out on their chance to comment then I will be only too glad to drop some forms off for you to circulate them.

mi16
14-May-16, 12:13
an abundance of spare time is not something that I have at the moment I am afraid,

crayola
14-May-16, 12:21
Rheg, I suggest leaving a pile of forms in Reay Post Office and in the local shops. Most people in the areas surrounding the village are likely to frequent at least one of those.

Rheghead
14-May-16, 12:24
an abundance of spare time is not something that I have at the moment I am afraid,

Neither have the volunteers who make up the committee I'm afraid to say. The Hall committee is looking at getting a strong response from a cross-section of the parish that have been petitioned. It isn't meant to be a comprehensive survey due to time and resources. At the end of the day, if there is little in the way of response then Reay will get the hall that it deserves.

If anyone wants to help with the Hall then there is an AGM on the 28th June at 7:30pm.

Rheghead
14-May-16, 12:51
I've been assured that deliveries on monday have been done as far as the parish boundaries which is up to and not including Forss and Westfield.

Bystander1
15-May-16, 08:15
Rheg, I suggest leaving a pile of forms in Reay Post Office and in the local shops. Most people in the areas surrounding the village are likely to frequent at least one of those.

Reay Post Office would be an ideal place for something like this and there is also the strip mall or the many cafes and public houses.

Kevin Milkins
15-May-16, 10:01

It never fails to amaze me how some folk have little time to do anything themselves regarding community projects, but seem to have an abundance of time to tell others how it should be done. Just saying.

Leffe
15-May-16, 12:20
Reay Post Office would be an ideal place for something like this and there is also the strip mall or the many cafes and public houses.
There is no post office in Reay. There are extra forms in the local shop, and indeed in the village hall for those who frequent it. Electronic versions have been to user groups to distribute to those members who are not in the local village. Every household in the village and surrounding area has been given a hand posted form. It's difficult to see what more the committee can do to raise awareness.

Rheghead
29-May-16, 23:59
We only got a 14% response from the survey by the deadline on 23rd May. We can still include the late responses if you send them in now, the target is to get above 20% (another 15 persons). Without a minimum 20% response then there is a cat in hell chance of justifying the appeal for funds to do up the hall. It is money for nothing, you just need to fill out a form fgs.

pat
30-May-16, 08:19
Aye Rheghead, the trouble is the ones who have not filled in the survey will be the first ones to complain about the Committees lack of movement in doing up the hall next time they attend a function there.
So many people expect everything done for them without pulling out the finger and helping to get things done.
In every area I have lived it always seems to be the very very busy folk who find the time to help out (usually those people have moved into the community) and those are the folk mainly on the committees whilst the 'local' folk sit watching tv andd not participating, then complain that it is all incomers on the committees and who do these folk think they are changing things and making decisions.
Common Reay folks get the forms returned and see your hall rejuvenated or don't bother and see the hall and committee disappear due to YOUR could not care attitude.

pat
01-Jun-16, 01:01
Hope you manage to get the extra few votes you would like very soon to enable the committee to move forward with the plans to improve your hall.
Best wishes to the committee.

Rheghead
01-Jun-16, 20:23
Hope you manage to get the extra few votes you would like very soon to enable the committee to move forward with the plans to improve your hall.
Best wishes to the committee.

Thanks Pat, I really appreciate your support. There will be an AGM on the 28th June at 7:30pm, I hope to see many there to help out. Reay Hall SCIO is a new organisation with a new constitution and the trustees have ambition to improve the building to make it comfortable and better used. But we can't do it all ourselves, we need public support to show that people actually need the hall and want to get more use out of it. At the end of the day and whatever happens, the village will get a hall which it deserves. We tried and that is most important.

Kevin Milkins
02-Jun-16, 00:38
I feel inspired and I don't live anywhere near Reay.
Good luck with your efforts and hope that you can secure the funding required for you project.