PDA

View Full Version : Gail force

crayola
10-May-16, 14:08
Congratulations to Gail Ross MSP!

I wish you the best of luck in your new job as representative of Caithness, Sutherland and Ross in the Scottish Parliament.

I was a trifle worried when I noticed you weren't in the 'first day at school' photo:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36247940

Maybe you'd started work already. :)

I hope everything went well yesterday and will continue to do so in the future.

janeyj
10-May-16, 21:05
I don't have any particular political persuasion thank goodness HaHa! What I would say though is that surely the more locally based our political representatives are the better? The constituency is massive so to have a Wick based rep has to be helpful. So I echo Crayola's sentiments and wish Gail the very best of luck. Go Girl!

Janey

gleeber
11-May-16, 07:28
Its just further proof of the changing nature of Caithness and Thurso in particular that another anti nuclear politician is chosen to represent us in Edinburgh. Although I find it sad I wish her all the best.

LMS
11-May-16, 08:23
I don't think that the nature of the Caithness voter is changing to anti-nuclear, I believe that the voters are blinkered and are seeing a 'local lass' rather than a representative of an anti-nuclear party. The penny will eventually drop that those turkeys have voted for Christmas. The irony is that the turkeys that voted SNP were probably trained, employed and possibly even pensioned by that nasty nuclear stuff.

I wish her well though.

crayola
12-May-16, 09:37
As far as I'm aware Gail is the first MSP from Caithness. Let's celebrate that.

It's swearing in at Holyrood this morning. With a Caithness accent for the first time. :)