PDA

View Full Version : mother & child swimming

Dadie
02-May-07, 10:11
Thurso swimming pool were thinking about starting up a mother and baby swimming group on at the same time as the aquanatal swimming group on a thursday at 1230 pm . there is a mother and child group in wick in the evenings..which is a bit far to go to as it is sooo close to someone little's bedtime. I was wondering if more people would be interested in this facility in Thurso if so keep asking for it at the pool and we might get it!!

mums angels
02-May-07, 19:41
I noticed that they had a poster on the door about it the other day , i would be interested but i heard that it was for babies under 1 which would be a great sheme, my wee boy is just over a year and a half

HomeFixit
02-May-07, 20:51
The poster on the swimming pool door says the classes start on 10th May and are at 12:30. It calls them "toddler" classes and I checked at the desk, they said it was for any age, not just babies.

Dadie
03-May-07, 12:00
the classes were supposed to start on the 17th april but got put back im just glad i can get to go . i think its important for kids to learn to swim and these classes are supposed to get their confidence up in water so they will learn faster without being scared of the water which imo is a good thing!

ABC
11-May-07, 13:04
Did anybody go to this class?
What age of children is it for?

macca
11-May-07, 14:17
the mother and toddler swimming started yesterday, and as far as i know its not just for little babys as my boy is 14 months old and can go i was wanting to go but dont know anyone else going sounds great:Razz

macca
11-May-07, 14:19
sorry yesterday being the 1oth of may

mums angels
11-May-07, 17:08
I didnt realise that it started yesterday but have heard that it was good and the oldest child there was almost 3 but i think any age can go , so i intend to go next time with my 18month old.

orkneylass
11-May-07, 17:28
I do hope fathers are not excluded? Usually not called mother and child sessions for that reason these days. My husband was the one that went to toddlers with our son while I went out to work!

mums angels
11-May-07, 17:33
Well my hubby will take our son to it whilst hes home i'm sure , he loves the pool and i hate going (since having kids anyway ) :lol:

danc1ngwitch
11-May-07, 17:50
i did not get yesterday as i had to be in wick, but i look forward to next week.

Dadie
11-May-07, 19:53
HI its not on next week it will start proper the week after for 10 weeks the "lesson part" will be split in two age groups under 1yo and over 1yo but you can still swim and play before and after your lesson part which will be about 20 mins long
ps its a bit of a wait for the changing stations so take a mat with you if you dont want to wait!

jacksonalimar
11-May-07, 21:17
Yes It Started Yesterday And They Said Its Fine For Up To Pre-school Age I Will Be Going With My 4 Yr Old Next Week.