PDA

View Full Version : Continental Market

rfr10
25-May-05, 18:20
Continental Market. Coming to Wick- Thursday 25th May - Sunday 28th May

Zael
25-May-05, 19:29
Been looking foward to this comming back up as I missed it the last time.

Rheghead
28-May-05, 13:12
The market was very good but not as big as I had hoped. I bought some German beer that I will no doubt enjoy tonight. The weather spoilt it a bit.

pie2000
28-May-05, 13:51
I bought some of that german beer an a bottle of the wine yesterday an very much enjoyed it last night. Good to get somthing different for a change.

Maby we could get the fair to come to Thurso as well next year!

champagnebaby
28-May-05, 14:58
I think it's good for Wick as it'll bring people through from Thurso, if it goes to Thurso and Wick we probably won't get as many people coming to Wick to shop. i know it's only a few days a year but i'm sure the shopkeepers are happy with the xtra business it brings.

allie
28-May-05, 19:23
I bought 5 bottles of the German beer - buy 5 get 1 free.
I had the blue label one last night, the wheat one. I must say, it was by far the best beer I have ever had and believe me, I've had quite a few beers in my time!! :eek:

Pity about the weather though!! Still, u can't have it all. :lol:

katarina
28-May-05, 20:43
bought the wine £10 for three bottles -- mmm just broke into my second bottle! wonderful wine! Not as many foriegners as last year ~I thought but more stalls from locals. Pricey but atmosphere great! Still on tomorrow - well worth a visit!!! I'll be going back down tomorrow WITHOUT the kids.
mind you, this was suppose to be the hottest day of the year - all I can say is pity help the rest of the year!