PDA

View Full Version : Have I missed a holiday?

gardeninginagale
02-May-16, 18:54
What is this May Day about? The only people who get a holiday are bank staff. Real people have to work on regardless. It is high time we stopped this ridiculous concept of bank holidays. What makes banks so special? They need more holidays than the rest of us? No, they need to open on Saturdays to give the customer service we deserve.

rogermellie
02-May-16, 20:12
not just bank staff, the Dounroids and council workers did even less work than usual and the schools were shut as well

sids
02-May-16, 22:46
not just bank staff, the Dounroids and council workers did even less work than usual and the schools were shut as well

Are you saying today was a holiday at Dounreay?

You should do more research before you enlighten us all.

davth
02-May-16, 23:12
Are you saying today was a holiday at Dounreay?

You should do more research before you enlighten us all.

Everyone knows they take it at the end of the month to coincide with another public holiday to make a long weekend out of it!!
Or at least most people know

rogermellie
02-May-16, 23:57
apologies, as usual i stand corrected - in future i will do more research into when the Dounroids do less work than usual

neilsermk1
03-May-16, 12:30
apologies, as usual i stand corrected - in future i will do more research into when the Dounroids do less work than usual
So enlighten us Roger what do you do to earn a crust. I have found over many years that the individuals who criticise council staff have never worked within that environment, or even better have been knocked back when they applied.

Sandra
03-May-16, 12:30
May Day also coincides with International Workers' Day, where Trade unions and other groups are staging/have staged rallies around the world to mark the day - a day to celebrate the achievements that through generations union men and women have won: peace, democracy, rights and decent work for millions of people.

They march under banners for freedom and against conflict and slavery, many will rally for justice for refugees, many will stand firm for minimum living wages and collective bargaining and oppose corporate greed, many will demand climate justice and many will welcome refugees. Uniting all these are the fundamental principles of equality and social justice which inspire the actions of trade unionists every day.

sids
03-May-16, 17:45
the Dounroids

You're repeating your sparkling punning wit. Did you think nobody saw it the first time?

do less work than usual

So you're not there, but you know what everyone does.

rogermellie
03-May-16, 18:09
You're repeating your sparkling punning wit. Did you think nobody saw it the first time?

So you're not there, but you know what everyone does.

sorry sids, didn't realise you had the monopoly on witty puns on the org, it's normally all you ever reply with - this has obviously got your back up ... you don't happen to work at Dounreay do you ?

(by the way the term 'dounroids' isn't new, nor is the fact that there's a lot of skivers out there)

davth
03-May-16, 21:48
go on then Todger enlighten us on your choice of workplace / profession?