PDA

View Full Version : Amount of Dog Mess in Golspie

thetickledhippo
28-Apr-16, 19:31
went to Golspie today with my 5yr old son and was appalled with the amount of dog mess lying around the grass verges and beach.

starfish
28-Apr-16, 20:10
same in keiss

davth
28-Apr-16, 20:16
Dont you mean Keich?

janeyj
28-Apr-16, 20:46
went to Golspie today with my 5yr old son and was appalled with the amount of dog mess lying around the grass verges and beach.

Golspie is my regular stopping point when driving to and from Inverness. I like to pull in and park at the front of the Golf Links Hotel and then stretch my legs along the sea front. There are always a lot of dog walkers about and I must admit you are right tth there is a lot of dog mess around. It's such a shame because I think it's a lovely little town. One of my favourite places actually :). Looks like the local dog owners need to give this some thought as tourism must be worth a bit to the local economy.

kinloch
28-Apr-16, 22:02
Could do with a few quick visits by fine squads 80 pounds a go now apparently should make a fortune then hoho

Manxman
29-Apr-16, 08:34
I dont know if we have a dog warden now as I believe the last one has moved to another job and I have never seen a position advertised

crashbandicoot1979
29-Apr-16, 09:52
There is no dog warden in Caithness just now but if you email details of any problem areas to recycle@highland.gov.uk they will get someone to check it out.

tonkatojo
29-Apr-16, 10:10
There is no dog warden in Caithness just now but if you email details of any problem areas to recycle@highland.gov.uk they will get someone to check it out.

Do these folk in these jobs have no eyes or do they just not get out of the offices enough to see the excrement all over the verges and pavements,why is it always the public that has to do their job ?, it is like the roads, the motorist has to report the pot holes why can the council officials themselves not see or feel the bumps or do they not get around the roads as well.

thetickledhippo
29-Apr-16, 10:23
Golspie is my regular stopping point when driving to and from Inverness. I like to pull in and park at the front of the Golf Links Hotel and then stretch my legs along the sea front. There are always a lot of dog walkers about and I must admit you are right tth there is a lot of dog mess around. It's such a shame because I think it's a lovely little town. One of my favourite places actually :o). Looks like the local dog owners need to give this some thought as tourism must be worth a bit to the local economy.

Yes I agree, it is a lovely town. I wonder how much they lose through tourism for the sake of not having a dog warden and yes it's not the only place by means

crashbandicoot1979
29-Apr-16, 12:17
Do these folk in these jobs have no eyes or do they just not get out of the offices enough to see the excrement all over the verges and pavements,why is it always the public that has to do their job ?, it is like the roads, the motorist has to report the pot holes why can the council officials themselves not see or feel the bumps or do they not get around the roads as well.

Presumably the staff have other jobs to do and are covering the dog warden's post....and they can't be everywhere. As for the roads, I have no idea.

sids
29-Apr-16, 16:32
What would you expect in that awful county.

Rheghead
29-Apr-16, 17:17
I suppose it easy to miss your dog excreting if you momentarily take your eyes off the dog. Then a poo is left on the footpath. An easy mistake to make but it just takes seconds. It takes a good few weeks to naturally clear away. There is no hope to get a rational discussion on this though as everyone who lets their dog leave a poo on pathway, regardless of circumstances is irresponsible, lazy and is anti-social of course.

Alrock
29-Apr-16, 19:59
...As for the roads, I have no idea.

My understanding of it is that they do inspect the roads but do nothing until a member of the public reports it.

crashbandicoot1979
29-Apr-16, 20:41
My understanding of it is that they do inspect the roads but do nothing until a member of the public reports it.

That's useful.....

Tam 2000
30-Apr-16, 11:05
crappy roads crappy subject.

tonkatojo
30-Apr-16, 11:29

If that is true it is yet another example of stupidity, what is the point of wasting time fuel wear and tare of council vehicles to inspect something and do absolutely nowt if defects are found.

davth
30-Apr-16, 11:36
If that is true it is yet another example of stupidity, what is the point of wasting time fuel wear and tare of council vehicles to inspect something and do absolutely nowt if defects are found.

probably to assess the damage and repair any ones that are deemed as a safety risk

tonkatojo
30-Apr-16, 15:50
probably to assess the damage and repair any ones that are deemed as a safety risk

Not according to ALROCK post 13 29 April 2016 19:99 hr29-Apr-16, 19:59

davth
30-Apr-16, 18:06
It would be interesting to hear Alrocks source of this information, is it fact or opinion

Alrock
30-Apr-16, 18:14
It would be interesting to hear Alrocks source of this information, is it fact or opinion

I heard it from someone who used to have the job of inspecting the roads.

davth
30-Apr-16, 18:43
so not someone who would call the shots on budgets or when repairs would be scheduled.

Alrock
30-Apr-16, 18:56
so not someone who would call the shots on budgets or when repairs would be scheduled.

nope, just anecdotal.

sids
30-Apr-16, 20:07
Bet they don't have this problem in Portgower.