PDA

View Full Version : SEPA the Forss and fixing up a derelict cottage...

jigln
27-Apr-16, 08:05
Can SEPA REFUSE a reno on one of these such properties... in other words you buy it and get everything arranged proper, planning, building warrents and all.

can they come along and say sorry too bad, not here, you lose.

Im looking at a little spot in Westfield right beside the river, does anyone know if they have killed off the right to live in one of these properties around there.

Thanks in advance.

davth
27-Apr-16, 08:28
I thought planning dept would liaise with SEPA prior to planning consent being granted.
Best speaking to the council on this one

theone
27-Apr-16, 11:32
Can SEPA REFUSE a reno on one of these such properties... in other words you buy it and get everything arranged proper, planning, building warrents and all.

can they come along and say sorry too bad, not here, you lose.

Im looking at a little spot in Westfield right beside the river, does anyone know if they have killed off the right to live in one of these properties around there.

Thanks in advance.

My belief is that SEPA can object at the planning stage.

Once a planning application and building warrant have been issued, as long as you comply, I believe you are safe.

Best discussing with your solicitor, perhaps make your offer on the property 'subject to obtaining necessary permissions'.

cazmanian_minx
27-Apr-16, 13:32
Is this the one at Knockglass? Lovely spot :) Like theone says, I believe SEPA gets consulted at the planning stage, if they don't object at that point then as long as you're building to plan, I don't think they can object later. Where you may run into issues is with drainage, as they don't allow discharge into the river unless in exceptional circumstances and any soakaway must be at least 10 metres from a watercourse, I think.