PDA

View Full Version : 9th July2005

Alli
24-May-05, 19:03
As you probably have seen from the "What's On" I think the organisers of these events should have put their heads together,
All these are on the 9th July 2005
Wick RBLSpipeband fancy dress night
Thurso Gala night
Lybster Gala night

Gus
25-May-05, 19:03
And the Latheron Show too!

exiledtoedinburgh
26-May-05, 15:29
That's my birthday!

caithnessgirl
26-May-05, 15:45
when is Wick Gala?

mike.mckenzie
26-May-05, 15:54
9th July - National Holiday - Mike's Birthday

Dali
26-May-05, 16:54
Lybster Gala night is the 2nd not at the end of the gala.

Bill Fernie
26-May-05, 18:35
Wick Gala 23 - 30 July 2005

Galas Shows Highland Games etc details are all going in to http://www.caithness.org/fpb/galas/index.htm

The Galas pages can be found from the Drop Down Menu
Local Galas in Entertainment.

The items will also be in the What's On.

The Galas page also has links to all the previous galas, shows and games where we have been attending to take photos.

July tends to be a busy month in Caithness with lots of events cwrowding in and committees have difficult choice picking a date. Thurso and Wick Galas agreed to try not to clash with one another as some folk like to go to both events.

We are also sure there are more events on in July that have not yet been notified to us.

For any committee members reading this I would add that that it woudl be helpful if you could tell us asap when events for 2006 will be on as we are already getting requests for gal dates in that year for folk planning trips to Caithness. Some people also want to plan school and other reunions to coincide with the galas in the town they went to school in so that people now living away are likely to be back in the area and attend the reunions.

So set your date as far in advance as possible and yes please do check with all the other events to try not to clash as far as possible. With so many events on it is inevitable that there will be some clashes.

Good Luck with all the events and tell us about any additional ones as soon as dates are set up. Get them in the What's On as soon as you know the dates for next year.