PDA

View Full Version : Car Clamping in Wick

Venture
24-May-05, 18:37
Heard today that one of the taxi firms is changing over to a Car Clamping Firm. How do Wickers feel about this?

Alli
24-May-05, 18:50
R they going to be Clamping the other taxi firms!!

EDDIE
24-May-05, 19:17
Well i wouldnt fancy working for a car clamping firm in a small community thats just asking for trouble.And it might be an idea to invest in a hacksaw for the car just incase lol

Seabird
24-May-05, 21:39
Clamping can be agood thing when used in the right way.
But in my experience it's rare thats the case.
They will probably rent a small car park near a shop put up a sign no unauthorised parking
or you will be wheel clamped, display it on 1'x1' board 12' off the ground.
People will then park thinking they are in a shop car park to find when they come out a man the size of a gorilla asking £100 to be released.
Oh! forget the bolt croppers or saw they can prosecute you for criminal damage to there equipment, and you can keep the car wont work, because they will put it in a pound and you will run up a bill day by day until you pay, or they will be round to take your Hi Fi or TV for payment.
Keep Caithness a clamp free zone!

champagnebaby
24-May-05, 22:43
whit firm is it?

k16pug
25-May-05, 15:43
buy a set 17 inch alloys for ur car and lower it so they cant clamp it coz the arch tyre gap is too smal :D

daviddd
25-May-05, 17:03
buy a set 17 inch alloys for ur car and lower it so they cant clamp it coz the arch tyre gap is too smal :Dthey'll prob tow it away in that case!

©Amethyst
26-May-05, 13:56
I thought car clampers had at least 2 different kinds of clamps... one with big sides so that it's very obvious, the other I think is a smaller piece of metal with a chain that just gets chained to your car. something like that anyhow!

chubbs358
26-May-05, 20:28
i thought clamping was ilegal in scotland. also the clamper has to have the permishon from who ever owns the ground i think eg councl

Dusty
26-May-05, 21:34
Wheel-clamping in Scotland
26. Since 1992 wheel-clamping on private land in Scotland has been judged as “extortion and
theft” and is, therefore effectively banned2. Although, the private security industry in
Scotland is to be regulated by the SIA in the future by virtue of the above court case wheelclamping
will continue to be an illegal activity in Scotland.

From: http://www.the-sia.org.uk/NR/rdonlyres/C7FDB065-0BEE-4CEF-AB37-0DD0332888BC/0/sia_ds_vi_ria_v3.pdf#search='Wheel%20clamping%20in %20Scotland'