PDA

View Full Version : how do you like yours?

karia
30-Apr-07, 21:18
BBQ's

That great british pastime is due for its annual dust off.

Drag out your over optomistic view of the weather, start ogling the fancy sausages, kebabs etc. and trying to forget how they'll look & taste ,burnt to a crisp!

I know that i'll be trying again...even though all our garden furniture got stolen
last year!

Nothing beats eating outdoors:D

How do you enjoy your 'summer Dining'?

footie chick
30-Apr-07, 21:40
Without midgies [lol]

WeeBurd
30-Apr-07, 21:45
When it's someone elses barbie!

The hassle of dragging everything out into the garden for an hour, before it starts getting too cold to hang about - then it all has to be dragged inside again, by which stage many guests have been laying into the booze so are not interested in helping... love barbies, so long as they're at someone elses house, so I don't have to do the tidying!

Let's not forget that Caithness wind either - blowing the paper plates/kitchen roll off the table, and blowing the beasties onto the food...

bobsgirl
30-Apr-07, 22:02
I LOVE doing BBQ's.

Having a few friends round for a BBQ is great fun. I intend to go a bit OTT with the amount of food, but better too much than too little.
Had a BBQ last week for our son's birthday and we had a great time. Kids just love the idea of a BBQ, not sure if it is the food, or the fact that they get to eat outside, (think it is the eating outside because they hardly even eat anything)

My mates hubby says I cheat cos I use a gas BBQ, he goes to the great effort using coal. Doesn't taste any different as far as I am concerned but the gas is easier to do.

I remember last year in January, I fancied a BBQ, so went outside and lit a disposable ......it was great fun but cold!! Hubby stayed indoors with the kids thinking I was going mad!!!!! :roll: :lol:

marylund2323
30-Apr-07, 22:07
dammit dont mention that word....every time that word comes from some1s mouth it causes a lashin of rain:(

dunderheed
30-Apr-07, 22:12
i too love bbqs and like you bobsgirl i too finally secumbed to a gas job last year. i found that it was better than the old way as you didnt need to wait for ages to get the coals to cooking tempretures.

however i havent tried smoking anything on it yet. think i've still got a bottle or two of last years pear wine in hiding for marinating this year (the meat and me [lol] )

bobsgirl
30-Apr-07, 22:22
That sounds Great Dunderheed!! Pass some wine down!!! I will help you drink it!!!

dunderheed
30-Apr-07, 22:26
what after snaffling my ribena wine last year!!! well we will see;)

Fran
01-May-07, 01:27
My neighbours had a barbeque on Saturday and the whole street was invited ( we are just a small road of houses!!!) It was really enjoyable and the food was great. I think food cooked on a barbeque tastes better than on the traditional cooker.

karia
01-May-07, 16:41
winter BBQ's remind you that there's still a world out there..albeit under
many, many layers...I too have loads of types ..but like you, bobsgirl, often the spontaneity matters more than the outcome!
(especially if it keeps the kids& hubby indoors:) )

BBQ for one?!!