PDA

View Full Version : Roads in Wick

bandite
24-May-05, 17:42

caisha
24-May-05, 17:51
And the mess they've made of the road going south to Thrumster where they've been putting the pipe in? Surely it isn't THAT hard to make tarmac level with the existing road?

Whitewater
25-May-05, 09:30
The services which are responsible for tearing up the roads should also be responsible for restoring the surface to its original state not just filling in the hole with what they have removed without any regard for the surface.

The Angel Of Death
25-May-05, 09:46
Wasnt there something in the news recently that was on about charging companys who leave the road in a mess after putting new gas / electric / pipes etc charged to fix it or pay for someone else to fix it ?

If this comes off i bet the roads get fixed sharpish !!!

Alananders68
25-May-05, 11:09
The services which are responsible for tearing up the roads should also be responsible for restoring the surface to its original state not just filling in the hole with what they have removed without any regard for the surface.
Couldn't agree more with that. When a road is dug up by BT, GAS, Hydro board, Water board or whatever then they should be compelled to leaving the road in the exact same condition it was before hand and if that means them having to resurface the whole road so be it.

daviddd
25-May-05, 12:06
The services which are responsible for tearing up the roads should also be responsible for restoring the surface to its original state not just filling in the hole with what they have removed without any regard for the surface. Hear Hear!! That's my main gripe. Some local builders are making a fortune building houses but can't be bothered to fix the road properly again after - a bit of gravel and tarmac, and 2 weeks later there's a trough. They have to get Roads Dept / BEAR permission to cross the road so why don't these organisations make sure the road is done preoperly e.g. by inspecting a month or 3 months after the work!! Being a cyclist this gets me mad as hell :evil :evil :evil