PDA

View Full Version : Fake Tan

Dadie
30-Apr-07, 12:16
Has anyone else out there not mastered the art of applying fake tan?
I follow the instructions religiously exfoliating, moisturising , applying the fake tan managing to dye my sheets and always end up streaky no matter what i do even the fake tans like dove hint of a tan leave me streaky... im fed up looking sooo milkbottle white and want to show of my legs this summer at some point any tips??

justine
30-Apr-07, 12:34
Sorry cant help in the lines of the self tans but may i suggest a tanning salon with a sunbed.sounds like it would save you alot in washing powder for your sheets....

Dadie
30-Apr-07, 13:00
sorry just having a girn i woke up feeling grotty with a sore throat and achy and tought i would use the fake tan to cheer myself up....now i am achy with a sore throat streaky legs and orange marks on the sheets (went back to bed waiting for fake tan to develop) made myself even more grumpy oops..

sweetpea
30-Apr-07, 13:11
Get a spray on, it's the best!;)

Victoria
30-Apr-07, 13:44
I've had a spray tan and I didnt think it was all that good.

I use Johnsons holiday skin - Its not orangy like some of the 'hint of' ones and it always goes on ok.

You might just be one of those unlucky people like my friend who always ends up streaky or orange or both no matter what she does - She has literally tried EVERYTHING from superdrugs own brand to St Topaz and nothing works on her. If she finds a miracle product this summer i'll let you know!

footie chick
30-Apr-07, 13:51
[quote=Victoria;218164]

I use Johnsons holiday skin - Its not orangy like some of the 'hint of' ones and it always goes on ok.

quote]

I love this too and because you build it up over a few layers has never gone streaky.

pjyemail
30-Apr-07, 14:00
you should try FAKEBAKE its a cream which works with your natual skin pigiments

porshiepoo
30-Apr-07, 14:06
I've tried the Jihnsons one and the Dove one for medium skin.
Johnsons is probably slightly better but to be honest I don't think either of them looks natural, Dove being more orangey than Johnsons.
I got a spray on system for xmas but I've not dared to use it yet. :eek:

squeezy
30-Apr-07, 15:22
Firstly, make sure that you exfoliate and moisturise before you apply - even if you are using Johnsons or Dove.

Also try some of the fake tans with colour - that way you can see how where you are putting it on, and I've found mousse works best for no streaks.

The only other recommendation I have is to try and smooth it in in a circular motion - rather than up and down - you are more likely to cover everything more evenly.

Good luck!

golach
30-Apr-07, 15:55
OMG, you wifies, one minute your covering yourselves in Tattoos next in fake tan, whatever next? I have visions of blue painted Pictish warrior females covered in Tattoos stampeding through the door in Tescos, screaming there is a shoe sale [lol]

MadPict
30-Apr-07, 16:02
That'll be my lassies....[lol]

Victoria
30-Apr-07, 16:48
OMG, you wifies, one minute your covering yourselves in Tattoos next in fake tan, whatever next? I have visions of blue painted Pictish warrior females covered in Tattoos stampeding through the door in Tescos, screaming there is a shoe sale [lol]

Hahahaha! We do these things for you bokes, not that you notice or give two hoots!

by the way girlies - the other one I've tried is Loreal Plenitude Sublime Bronze Multiposition Spray and that came out ok but you need someone to help you do the akward bits!!!:eek:

Dadie
30-Apr-07, 18:02
hmm if i tried blue paint betya i could even get that streaky!!

Semiazas
30-Apr-07, 19:54
A lass at work got one of those spray tans.

Made her look like a cross between an umperlumpa, A homeless vagrant, and one of those scary women who work on make-up counters.

You know who you are, and I hope you got the white collars back on your shirts...;)

karia
30-Apr-07, 20:01

Tesco,s has a shoe sale!
there's no time for tattoos... and our tans can dry as we run!
As for being blue, we'll be a lot bluer if we miss the sale.
and so will the air ..!

Thanks for sharing your fantasies, golach!;)

Hibeechick
01-May-07, 09:49

I'll be easy to spot in the four in hand then :)

karia
01-May-07, 18:43
ok! Best advice..

do all the exfoliatie stuff, use moisturiser,

apply johnsons holiday tan..work in some 'piz Buin, medium,( don't kid yourself!)

It's brown, you can see what you're doin'!:)

apply in whatever proportion is required, nightly.

See, brown ain't ya ? :)

Karia, xx

karia
01-May-07, 18:45
scrub hands & nails..fourteen times should do!