PDA

View Full Version : golticlay windfarm

landy
29-Mar-16, 19:50
are you in the dark about e on s proposed golticlay windfarm in rumster forrest?do you want to protact rumster forrest and its associated flora and fauna?are you against its development or just want to find out more before you make your mind up?if you answered yes to any of these questions then contact our group RaW ,rumster anti windfarms,look at our groups face book page,search rumster or out website www.rumster.co.uk (http://www.rumster.co.uk) or just pm me on here and will try to help.

gerry4
29-Mar-16, 21:29
Did not the planting of Rumster Forest destroy the environment that was there? I was not here at the time so don't know too much about what was there before but I imagine it would of been the peat flow land. Planting of huge non native forests has not been beneficial to preserving the local environment. Also are large forests alien to the landscape of Caithness & Sutherland?

rogermellie
29-Mar-16, 23:58
Did not the planting of Rumster Forest destroy the environment that was there? I was not here at the time so don't know too much about what was there before but I imagine it would of been the peat flow land. Planting of huge non native forests has not been beneficial to preserving the local environment. Also are large forests alien to the landscape of Caithness & Sutherland?

as opposed to the native and completely un-alien presence of all the windfarms saturating the county ?

neilsermk1
30-Mar-16, 12:51
Did not the planting of Rumster Forest destroy the environment that was there? I was not here at the time so don't know too much about what was there before but I imagine it would of been the peat flow land. Planting of huge non native forests has not been beneficial to preserving the local environment. Also are large forests alien to the landscape of Caithness & Sutherland? Ask your self why did large alien forests spring up in Caithness and Sutherland. Nothing whatsoever to do with environment or ecology, and everything to do with tax breaks and subsidies. Does this ring any bells.
The proliferation of wind farms has very little to do with environment or ecology and everything to do with subsidy.

landy
30-Mar-16, 13:57
we are a group that is dealing with the present not the past.we want to protect the forest that's there at the min esp as protected wildcats,osprey,short and long eared owls,hen harriers and many many more species are under threat.also to ask why all the deer that used to frequent rumster have now been culled and seen by public in trailers esp as its out of season.we want to inform the public of the facts and allow them to make their own decisions over golticlay.

Rheghead
30-Mar-16, 21:46
The proliferation of wind farms has very little to do with environment or ecology and everything to do with subsidy.

You mean incentives, not subsidies. Subsidies are what you give to old industries that are dying on their feet and you just want to keep them going. Incentives are payments to encourage new industries to grow.

rogermellie
30-Mar-16, 22:57
You mean incentives, not subsidies. Subsidies are what you give to old industries that are dying on their feet and you just want to keep them going. Incentives are payments to encourage new industries to grow.

explain farming subsidies then .... or do you call them farming 'incentives' ?

Rheghead
31-Mar-16, 12:14
explain farming subsidies then .... or do you call them farming 'incentives' ?

I refer you back to my post, farming is an old industry which we want to keep going.

rogermellie
31-Mar-16, 19:18
I refer you back to my post, farming is an old industry which we want to keep going.

ach pish posh, we can play that game all day long if you like, it's my shot now ...

'subsidy; plural noun: subsidies

a sum of money granted by the state or a public body to help an industry or business keep the price of a commodity or service low.'

now that, to me, exactly describes the money being ploughed into wind farms

back to the OP Rheg, how many more windfarms in Caithness would be too many ?

are you in favour of the Drum Hollistan farm ?

wavy davy
31-Mar-16, 23:24
ach pish posh, we can play that game all day long if you like, it's my shot now ...

a sum of money granted by the state or a public body to help an industry or business keep the price of a commodity or service low.'

back to the OP Rheg, how many more windfarms in Caithness would be too many ?

Couldn't have put it better. Never accept the truth if you can put semantics in the way. Whatever you call it, I'm paying for it.

Rheghead
03-Apr-16, 22:00

Definitely. No Drumholistan wind farm then no Drumholistan puffins.

Rheghead
03-Apr-16, 22:03
Couldn't have put it better. Never accept the truth if you can put semantics in the way. Whatever you call it, I'm paying for it.

Thing is though wavy davy, there are no subsidies for the Golticlay wind farm. No semantics involved.

Rheghead
03-Apr-16, 22:17

To me then that is BS because the anti-wind brigade have said ad nauseum that the Renewable Obligation pushes up the prices of electricity. Contrary to as you claim it seems. You cannot have it both ways ffs.

wavy davy
03-Apr-16, 22:31
Thing is though wavy davy, there are no subsidies for the Golticlay wind farm. No semantics involved.

Rheggie, I was referring to your attempt at doublespeak in substituting 'incentives' for the universally used term of 'subsidies', not whether or not Golticlay attracts incentives/subsidies.

That aside, I'm interested, what's the crack with '.....there are no subsidies for the Golticlay wind farm...'

Rheghead
03-Apr-16, 22:42
Rheggie, I was referring to your attempt at doublespeak in substituting 'incentives' for the universally used term of 'subsidies', not whether or not Golticlay attracts incentives/subsidies.

That aside, I'm interested, what's the crack with '.....there are no subsidies for the Golticlay wind farm...'

There is no intention of double speak. If you have an old industry that you need to keep going then then you impose a subsidy. That is pretty inequivocal.

All RO payments cease for new windfarms in 2017.

Rheghead
03-Apr-16, 22:46
The Renewable Obligation has been a success story, it has made onshore wind farm energy cheaper than most if not all other forms of energy. If you support an onshore wind farm then you are supporting cheaper energy. Job done....