PDA

View Full Version : Samsung e250 Mobile

criss x
29-Apr-07, 22:52
I was thinking of getting one, can anybody recommend it, or should I try something else? I like the radio included also the price is not too bad. Thanks for any info.

ŠAmethyst
29-Apr-07, 23:04
According to this review (http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2007/04/05/customers-review-of-the-samsung-e250-mobile-phone/) it is a good phone in general, but only has enough memory in it to store one song. So you'd need to fork out for a memory card if you wanted to listen to music during a bus journey or whatever.

I often listen to music on my phone on the way to work etc. So if that's what you're after, I can recommend the Sony Ericcson W550i... or any of the other newer SE models. Generally on the SE the number of tracks you have on the phone limits the number of SMS's you can save etc.

Really all depends on what you want in a phone.

emb123
29-Apr-07, 23:09
Sorry not familiar with that one although I looked at the specs and felt that it's camera is a couple of years behind the times. As you asked for alternative suggestions... I have a Nokia N70 which is great - love it to bits. Decent 2.1 megapixel camera with flash, MP3 player, takes memory cards, decent sized screen, excellent reception, Symbian Operating System not some proprietary operating system - means you can download software, games movies etc - you're not tied to expensive downloads from the manufacturer/phone operator. Good sized screen, MP3 ringtones, integral handsfree, bluetooth, FM radio etc etc.. I watch movies on mine which I store on the memory card (I have four feature films on it at the moment plus several hundred MP3's and hundreds of 1600x1200 photos). A friend of mine had a Samsung that he positively loathed as he complained that it was highly restricted in its functionality (despite being the then top of the range model) and the manufacturer support was non-existent.

Have tried several manufacturers and having gone back to Nokia I would recommend a Symbian based phone and a definitely a Nokia. It's a matter of personal taste of course and you might find the N70 / N71 to be a bit bulky but I like it - and know someone who hates it... too complex :) You can't please everyone.

criss x
30-Apr-07, 00:31
Thanks for the info. I was also looking at the reviews for the Nokia 7373 seems quite good as well.

emb123
30-Apr-07, 13:10
Looking over the specs the 7373 seems like a good phone. The only criticism I would make about the N70 and the N71 is even less good is the joystick thingy in the middle, it's a bit fiddly to operate.

If you get a Nokia Symbian based phone do drop me a PM as I have a number of useful links, software etc. I quite like the more recent Sony Ericsson models too but they have a proprietary operating system which does rather limit what software is available and greatly limits customisation as compared with Symbian phones.

I would at all costs avoid anything which needs to be operated with a stylus. You don't wanna go there!