PDA

View Full Version : What a Disgrace!

r.rackstraw
21-Mar-16, 20:50
Just spoke to an overseas visitor who had a sleepless night in his hotel in Thurso. Kept awake by boy racers, screeching tyres and yobs yelling foul language in the street. He was angry. He was also astonished that this behaviour was tolerated. I was sorry to have to tell him that what he had experienced was not unusual.
What a disgrace - I doubt if that visitor will ever return to Thurso!

tonkatojo
21-Mar-16, 20:57
Just spoke to an overseas visitor who had a sleepless night in his hotel in Thurso. Kept awake by boy racers, screeching tyres and yobs yelling foul language in the street. He was angry. He was also astonished that this behaviour was tolerated. I was sorry to have to tell him that what he had experienced was not unusual.
What a disgrace - I doubt if that visitor will ever return to Thurso!

I wonder where the constabulary were.

gingernut
21-Mar-16, 23:31
Ironic........
http://caithness-business.co.uk/article.php?id=6627&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

Manxman
22-Mar-16, 09:28
This has now been happening for years and with a no show by our erstwhile constabulary it just gets worse

Manxman
22-Mar-16, 10:47
I thought that we had CCTV cameras in town that could be used to identify these people and their cars or was that another waste of our money?

tonkatojo
22-Mar-16, 13:12
I thought that we had CCTV cameras in town that could be used to identify these people and their cars or was that another waste of our money?

They are probably daylight only or not switched on or not monitored could even be dummy ones.

sids
22-Mar-16, 16:24
Noise in a town?

Worse things happen at sea.

davth
22-Mar-16, 19:45
perhaps he should have took up his complaint with the hotel as obviously their sound proofing is inadequate.

Gronnuck
24-Mar-16, 10:11
Of course it would only happen in Thurso. It's not as if London, Manchester, Glasgow or Edinburgh have anything going on at night. I hear North Rona is fairly quiet.

neilsermk1
24-Mar-16, 13:38
What a disgrace - I doubt if that visitor will ever return to Thurso! Yep know exactly what you mean just back from Edinburgh where I spent 2 sleepless nights due to sirens blaring trams and busses running at all hours, and the noise the tourists were making was an absolute disgrace. Not sure if I will go back to Embra.