PDA

View Full Version : Stamp out the football fanatics

codex
24-May-05, 02:28
Its been on my mind.

But might it be a good idea if there was a football category
In order to control the latest number of football heads that exploit the Main chat category with Football gibber :lol:

Also a cut down on the overgrowing number of items that are displayed for sale when many have been long ago sold on. Duration of a week seems a likely cure

It would make things simple for everyone if sellers took responsibilty in notifying COLIN of items that have been sold. We need to increase yer workload coiln :o)

Same goes for items in the items wanted section where buyers who have placed an ad, Have forgotting to notify to have items removed.

And the modification of the time displayed when users have posted, As it always appears to read 03/08/2003

just my thoughts

scotsboy
24-May-05, 07:12
I do not think there should be a football section; there are plenty of football message boards for people to discuss the topic. It is not a subject that crops up that regularly on Caithness.org and as we have just reached the climax to the football season I expect the discussion not to go on for much longer.
A Football section on a board like this would be far more trouble than it is worth. I suggest some indulgence of those who want to debate football for a day or two more then it will probably disappear.

Alexander Rowe
24-May-05, 09:14
I've had a quick look down and I've counted two football related posts, dont think that really merits its own category.

scotsboy
24-May-05, 09:24
Slight underestimate, think you forgot to include the "local" stuff :D But I agree it is not needed.

Rheghead
24-May-05, 16:30
If you don't like the subject of a thread don't read it, simple. I quite like football threads as long as they don't become acrimonious. As a Manchester City man, I am fairly neutral here.

Brizer2k2
24-May-05, 18:28
I only post Caithness Football on here which a lot of people are interested in.

After all it is Caithness.org !!!

The Glasgow Rangers post is a one off because of the win they had unexpectedly against Celtic.

Had Celtic won I am sure someone would have posted a similar post on here and it would have kicked off in the same way.

I have my own message board for Caithness Football but there is no harm posting on here unless Bill or Colin objects.

codex
25-May-05, 14:01
Well :confused
If the football threads start to appear in the future that should grant the category.

Like for instance you will find a music related category on this bulletin board, you wont though find music heads posting in the general category though will you ? Same as you wont see threads about norfrost in the music category.

And im sure no one objects to football related caper being posted. "even i dont"

football related threads: they just attract unwanted posters the bigits an the sects
Btw Im just making suggestions :o)

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
25-May-05, 18:45
Its been on my mind.

And the modification of the time displayed when users have posted, As it always appears to read 03/08/2003

suprised no one has noticewd this before but your posting date is always right- what you are looking at is the date you JOINED 03/08/2003, for someone who looks so closely at everything else im suprised you didnt work that out!!!

codex
25-May-05, 20:36
Its been on my mind.

suprised no one has noticewd this before but your posting date is always right- what you are looking at is the date you JOINED 03/08/2003, for someone who looks so closely at everything else im suprised you didnt work that out!!!

yea everyone has noticed this before its just you dont come on here often enough to realise this. And next time you post tell me what date appears on the topic reviews followed by "posting"
An i have to look closely as my eyesight is pretty poor :~(