PDA

View Full Version : What simple things please you?

crayola
20-Mar-16, 02:46
Tonight I went to Sainsbury's shortly before 9. It was deserted and I felt like an intruder. I wandered around the empty store expecting to be arrested for breaking and entering or shoplifting. I bought some black pens and refills, a cheap five pack of plant pots and one of saucers, a bottle of Baby Bio, a bag of compost, a water sprayer and 4 cans of Innis & Gunn lager which I really like.

I looked at some Bowie CDs but I didn't buy one because I couldn't decide which one I wanted most. They didn't have any 128GB memory sticks which I now need to back up all my valuable stuff on my laptop. I'd never buy shoes from Sainsbury's because they're rubbish and I wouldn't be seen dead in them anyway. But for once I didn't even look at their shoes and scoff at them. This made me feel good. Also I didn't buy a bright pink bra because it probably wouldn't fit and I wouldn't wear it anyway.

As usual I chose a checkout with an interesting but strange looking blokie who was as bald as a coot with a very shiny head. I told him that I feared being arrested and he told me that Sainsbury's gets busier after the lottery results have been announced on Saturday evenings. Then he explained his philosophy of gambling. He doesn't do the lottery and he told me how he fell out with the manager of his local bookies today when he turned up to pick up his £500 winnings from a bet he'd placed at a different shop belonging to the same chain. Normally he only takes £100 a week from them but today his teams' results all lined up. He will use the bookie over the road from now on.

I have a way of choosing supermarket checkouts manned by philosophers. Last time in Waitrose I learned about the relationships between control, free will and customers who don't listen.

I came home and had a quiet night in front of the tv with a can of Innis & Gunn lager and a sequence of large G&Ts to wash it down. I watched the movie Yes Man starring Jim Carrey. It was funny. Carrey reminded me of the second man who nearly became my third husband. Carrey would have been better for me.

Ok I lied, I did buy the bra. I'll never wear it, the first offer above 50p + p&p gets it.

Anyway, I enjoyed my simple quiet evening. What simple things do you enjoy?

janeyj
20-Mar-16, 15:33
I love pink! What size is the bra please?

HaHa

Janey

cullpacket
20-Mar-16, 15:59
Hearing a fart

tonkatojo
20-Mar-16, 16:15
Females all sizes sorts no particular preference. Not necessarily simple.

cherokee
20-Mar-16, 18:14
I think a really good day is when I can walk without pain !
Been quite a few months now since I can do that :(.
Sunshine and birdie songs are just beautiful to hear. . . . spring is here and all is well :) !!

pig whisperer
21-Mar-16, 23:34
The sound of the curlew, spring, in theory is here, or not

Dadie
23-Mar-16, 01:09
The chuckle of a babe...
The fact my 7 yo has mastered laces on her shoes ...
The fact I actually have a pen when it comes to writing up work reports...if they are not taped down, they vanish!
When there is silence in the house and it is quiet because it should be and there isn't any badness happening with the minions!
An underwired bra that is comfortable to wear all day that looks pretty (even though it is only me that sees it)...its harder a task than it sounds!
T bags in the jar at work....
Simple things ....

SkozkrHorgr
23-Mar-16, 13:43
Sitting looking out to sea, sun on my face, slight breeze, skylark singing overhead and a nice coffee in hand, oh and the wife sitting next to me. Heaven!

George Brims
02-Apr-16, 05:09
I like well written self parody (washed down with a nice IPA). :)

Tonight I went to Sainsbury's shortly before 9. It was deserted and I felt like an intruder. I wandered around the empty store expecting to be arrested for breaking and entering or shoplifting. I bought some black pens and refills, a cheap five pack of plant pots and one of saucers, a bottle of Baby Bio, a bag of compost, a water sprayer and 4 cans of Innis & Gunn lager which I really like.

I looked at some Bowie CDs but I didn't buy one because I couldn't decide which one I wanted most. They didn't have any 128GB memory sticks which I now need to back up all my valuable stuff on my laptop. I'd never buy shoes from Sainsbury's because they're rubbish and I wouldn't be seen dead in them anyway. But for once I didn't even look at their shoes and scoff at them. This made me feel good. Also I didn't buy a bright pink bra because it probably wouldn't fit and I wouldn't wear it anyway.

As usual I chose a checkout with an interesting but strange looking blokie who was as bald as a coot with a very shiny head. I told him that I feared being arrested and he told me that Sainsbury's gets busier after the lottery results have been announced on Saturday evenings. Then he explained his philosophy of gambling. He doesn't do the lottery and he told me how he fell out with the manager of his local bookies today when he turned up to pick up his £500 winnings from a bet he'd placed at a different shop belonging to the same chain. Normally he only takes £100 a week from them but today his teams' results all lined up. He will use the bookie over the road from now on.

I have a way of choosing supermarket checkouts manned by philosophers. Last time in Waitrose I learned about the relationships between control, free will and customers who don't listen.

I came home and had a quiet night in front of the tv with a can of Innis & Gunn lager and a sequence of large G&Ts to wash it down. I watched the movie Yes Man starring Jim Carrey. It was funny. Carrey reminded me of the second man who nearly became my third husband. Carrey would have been better for me.

Ok I lied, I did buy the bra. I'll never wear it, the first offer above 50p + p&p gets it.

Anyway, I enjoyed my simple quiet evening. What simple things do you enjoy?

crayola
16-Apr-16, 00:15
I like well written self parody (washed down with a nice IPA). :)
Ha ha by an amazing coincidence I am sitting sipping an IPA. Not out of choice, it's my son's and it was the only drink in the fridge when I arrived back from Saturn half an hour ago. I find a large drink before bed helps me deal with rocket lag.