PDA

View Full Version : Scrappie in Elgin

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
23-May-05, 18:41
Does anyone have any idea about a scrappie in Elgin that takes car batteries-?

tried to ask on their community forum but its rubbish compared to this as far as message boards go - they've had only 19 threads in the general board since 2003 - dire eh?

cheers

EDDIE
23-May-05, 19:24
A lot of people wont take your battery of you unless they charge you an enviroment fee because they pay quite lot of money to get rid off batteries.Once apon a time you used to get money for batteries but not now.Have you tried the local council tip centre they will take it off you for free i know that the council dump sites that are around aberdeen have a facilty for dumping batteries.And if everything else fails you could always go past a garage in the evening when there closed and leave the battery beside there door plus it will give them all something to talk about at teatime

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
23-May-05, 19:28
hey , thanks for reply eddie but i'm talking ab out 8 tonne of batteries, dont think richards garage would particularly like it if we dumped them at their door, nor the francis street bakery for that matter.

Im looking for ££££££ for batteries from a known scrappy that pays around Elgin, just don't know which one, I have some numbers but it's too late to phone tonight.

Cheers anyway

veritas
23-May-05, 19:42
The recycling yard at Wick takes batteries

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
23-May-05, 19:43
yes but you are missing the point-

Hand over 8 tonne of batteries - receive payment

daviddd
23-May-05, 22:06
there's hardly any money in batteries any more, you have to pay to get rid of them I'm afraid! The council take householer's batteries but a job lot like this is clearly not from a household! :p

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
23-May-05, 22:12
ok , heres the script there are a considerable amount of batteries needing got rid of, there is a scrappie in elgin that pays, we have a lorry load of scrap coming down anyway - better getting something rather than nothing, all im looking for is the details of this guy.

Yeah batteries are hard to get rid of, expensive and ad for the environment and theres no money to be made, but these are collecting dust in the yard, unsightly and like I say better to get something rather than nothing davidd?

bandite
24-May-05, 17:56

Absolut1
25-May-05, 09:16
I think it'll be the guy that sponsors Elgin city your looking for

Williamson & Co,
22 Hill St,
Elgin,
Morayshire IV30 1AL
Tel: 01343 542260

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
25-May-05, 18:32
hey thanks for that - but already had it sorted and got the load shrik wrapped and ready for off on FRiday - actually goes to Forres though - Mr (Friendly but sly) Williamsons sister company A&D Metals.

Cheers anyway!