PDA

View Full Version : A Big Thank You

bluenosenic
23-May-05, 13:25
Just a wee post to say a huge thank you to all the pub landlords in Wick for their tolerance yesterday with all the Rangers fans. They could have easily told us to get out because they were sick of it, but they never and we had a great night.

A special thanks to Ped and Sharon in the Queens, Mervin in the Nethercliffe and Wendy in the Crown!

nancypotter45
23-May-05, 17:08
Why would they tell you to leave? when they are making money from you as a paying customer - that is what they are there for, to provide a service.

George Brims
24-May-05, 22:26
Some pub landlords I have encountered seem more preoccupied with keeping their bar as quiet as a free kirk rather than a hospitable cheery place. I remember one in Rose St in Edinburgh who ejected a bunch of New Zealand rugby fans after the game in I think 1983, because they were a bit loud. When the guys were slow to leave he called the police. At that point all the Scottish fans left too in disgust leaving him about 3 customers. He called the police *again* saying he had a riot outside his pub - we were all talking to the NZ guys in a fine friendly way, suggesting other pubs where they would get a better reception. A huge number of bobbies showed up, and my friend went to talk to them to say there was no big problem. "Oh it's all right son, we can see that, it's just that bloody mannie again, calling us out for nothing"