PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Woollen Mill

taffy
08-Mar-16, 18:39
The end of an era EWM in wick to close down at the end of the month. Staff were shocked to be told the shop is to close it's doors. So sad good luck to all the girls job well done another loss for the town.

Kenn
09-Mar-16, 00:06
What a shame have used that shop these last few years on a regular basis as I love classic woollens. .

Alice in Blunderland
13-Mar-16, 23:49
Every year on Christmas Eve I started my shopping in that store at 9 am I got a lot of nice presents for friends and family. Good quality clothes and some nice wee nik naks for gifts. I will be sorry to see it close.

Rheghead
17-Mar-16, 00:00
I found that EWM was not a shop that I would go in. To me it had an image problem that catered too much for the older generation. Whether that is right or not, it is my image for the company. And yet wool is a fantastic natural product which I wear a lot.

secretsquirrel
17-Mar-16, 14:30
The end of an era EWM in wick to close down at the end of the month. Staff were shocked to be told the shop is to close it's doors. So sad good luck to all the girls job well done another loss for the town.

Not surprised as clothing old fashioned and items overpriced for the quality you where buying. They where selling Walkers products for more than the RRP.

Lets hope that a decent shop takes over the unit.

Sorry for the ladies losing their jobs lets all hope they find new one's soon.

Fran
08-Apr-16, 00:18
The pound shop is adding it to their shop to extend. Maybe woollen mills could go into the hydro shop

Hoida
09-Apr-16, 11:39
The pound shop is adding it to their shop to extend. Maybe woollen mills could go into the hydro shop

What a good idea Fran, would be dreadful if it closed altogether. The one at Groats never had the same selection more geared to the tourist trade.

Fran
11-May-16, 01:48
Pound shop said they are not moving into old Edinburgh woollen mill. People say they are moving into the hydro shop