PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Herald today!

Schoolhouse Blues
29-Apr-07, 02:23
The Sunday Herald is not aligned with any political party. Today, it states it's opinion the SNP are the right party to lead Scotland's government after the election on Thursday. See for yourself at...

http://www.sundayherald.com/election2007/election2007/display.var.1362928.0.ba_vote_for_change_is_a_leap _of_faith_its_a_leap_this_newspaper_is_prepared_to _makeb.php

Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation.

Rheghead
29-Apr-07, 07:27
It sounds like a good idea to buy it if you only want to reaffirm what you already want to believe then.:roll:

peter macdonald
29-Apr-07, 09:47
A major surprise to regular readers of the Herald which has never been a friend to the SNP In fact for years it was anti any thing except Labour
Perhaps their opinion polls have influeced the editorial now not that a newspaper would do a thing like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PM

orkneylass
29-Apr-07, 18:56
Good Lord! After years of coming up with more and more reasons why an SNP government would be a disaster for Scotland, I now have to think again! After all, if a newspaper says it, it must be true!

Cliff Claven
29-Apr-07, 22:03
The scotsman and the tabloids devote several pages per issue to attack all of the Nats policies and heap praise on labour, McConnel and Blair. Not surprised one of the papers is now evening up the ballance.

ŠAmethyst
29-Apr-07, 22:17
I won't be voting as I've not really done much research... but I would like to say that I don't think the SNP are right for the job as it's been suggested that they'll take Scotland into a state of independence. Well, that would be good in some ways, I just don't think that Scotland in itself is a rich enough nation to keep our taxes etc. so low. And I for one cannot afford to pay all my money towards tax. If we're still joined with England then there'll be a supply of money from Westminster (and in my job that is now a word I hate to type lol) to fund the Scottish Parliament - without that, I believe that they'd find it difficult to keep their heads above water.

I could be wrong, but it's just a thought.