PDA

View Full Version : Yodel AGAIN!

veekay
08-Mar-16, 11:25
I know there have been posts about this laughable company before but for heavens sake why can't they get their act together. Why do we have to talk to a computer (who hung up on me this morning how is that for a put down). Why do the delivery driver lie? The questions go on and on.

Apparently I wasn't in at 15.33 yesterday so a card was left. So who was sitting in my chair writing an essay? Where is the card that was left? Tried Yodel chat and they said the driver couldn't locate my address, never been a problem before it there was a problem someone phoned. What sort of idiot are they employing now. Thicko from thicko town I suspect.

davth
08-Mar-16, 11:29
you cannot beat the royal mail for parcels, the cheapest, most reliable and the best.
I dont know why more companies dont use them.

Kodiak
08-Mar-16, 14:36
you cannot beat the royal mail for parcels, the cheapest, most reliable and the best.
I dont know why more companies dont use them.

I agree 100% I always use Royal Mail and if I am buying online I always ask what carrier the seller uses. If they say either Yodel or Hermes then I do not buy from them and I tell them the reason why.

Alrock
08-Mar-16, 15:13
What's more annoying is when you do find a seller that uses Royal Mail yet still won't post to The Highlands... [evil]

Moonboots
08-Mar-16, 17:36
Some companies and sellers say its being delivered by Royal Mail and it ends up coming by a courier lol.

wicker
08-Mar-16, 19:48
My partner had same problem few weeks back, got an email or text saying parcel had been left in safe location and note through door to say where. no note and when speaking to their customer services was told was left in porch/communal area, she has a front door no porch or communal area so someone got a present, thankfully company she ordered from refunded her order. Yodel/hermes refused to accept responsibility as they spoke to their driver and believe he left it where said even though explained to them he couldn't have done.
Parcels should never be left in "safe area" should only be handed to person.
Royal mail just as bad, note to go pick up parcel, go up couple days later and no parcel, mail man said he tried again next day and got the parcel through door, well boogy man must have hid it as nothing through door, again as far as they concerned end of matter.
Overall though definitely prefer royal mail than hermes/yodel

pig whisperer
08-Mar-16, 20:09
really annoying when sellers on ebay [or similar selling sites] proclaim Free Postage to UK Mainland except, of course if you live in the Scottish Highlands they don't , do they send to Cornwall without problem or extra charge