PDA

View Full Version : Dog found near Dorrery

Rheghead
28-Apr-07, 21:59
I have found a lovely dog which was tied up to a post in the Dorrery area. It had been there for quite some time by the look of it. Balmore is closed at the moment so I will be looking after it for now. If you think it is yours then please pm me.

Solus
28-Apr-07, 22:20
I doubt that they will contact you......... if its been tied up i think its more than likely been abandond !!!!!!!!!!!!:mad: why why why ! there are plenty of avenues to go down if you cant look after a dog for whatever reason !!

We used to go over to a dog rescue centre in Skiatho's for a fortnight, housed some to the locals, now and again a tourist would arrange to fly one or two home, and there was a transit van that a german lad would drive over load it up with dogs in crates and take them over to Germany for re homing !

But... we often would get up to the centre and find them tied up for us to find, the worst was one that had been left there for a good four or five hours, i could not believe how ticks can swarm like they do over there, this dog was crawling with them !!!

highlander
28-Apr-07, 22:23
I really hope it was not abandoned, did you give the police a ring, maybe someone had been out for walk and dog ran off, and someone tied it up thinking the owner would come across it, well have to think of all scenario's.

sweetpea
28-Apr-07, 22:34
Are you not tempted to keep it, Rheghead, I know I would be of it's a lovely do? what breed it is?

Jeemag_USA
28-Apr-07, 22:37
What kind of dog was it Reghead?

I used to work the Dorrery beats, not unusual for us to tie one dog (wouldn't tie it at the roadside though) if we were working another round the corner of a hill to come back for it, but this is not really the time of year for working dogs, unless of course your poachin. If someone was training dogs from Dorrery or Shurrery it would likely be an English Pointer, English Setter oe Irish Setter, I know the owners of Dorery Estate used to have Gordon Setters as well.

It could have ran off though and like said someone could have tied it to a post for the owner to catch up?

Rheghead
28-Apr-07, 22:54
It's either a rare expensive breed or a fortunate Heinz 57 outcome. Either way it's lovely nature and yellow eyes are quite disarming. I think I've bonded with the animal already, I won't want to let it go! :) It's not trained or like a hunting/working dog. My sixth sense tells me it is an unwanted dog which belonged to traveller folk. About 12 month old. None of the surrounding farm folk recognise it.

highlander
28-Apr-07, 22:56
Can you post a picture of it Rheghead

sweetpea
28-Apr-07, 22:58
It's either a rare expensive breed or a fortunate Heinz 57 outcome. Either way it's lovely nature and yellow eyes are quite disarming. I think I've bonded with the animal already, I won't want to let it go! :) It's not trained or like a hunting/working dog. My sixth sense tells me it is an unwanted dog which belonged to traveller folk. About 12 month old. None of the surrounding farm folk recognise it.
Is he a hound? they are lovely. all shaggy coats and big eyes. Is he athletic or stumpy legs?

Rheghead
29-Apr-07, 12:30
Dog owner found.