PDA

View Full Version : Sinclair Windows spares?

scoobyc
03-Mar-16, 20:38
I've got Sinclair windows fitted to my house and I'm looking to buy some spare parts for them. I've done the usual on-line search with the brand that is stamped on them - Sheerframe, but I can't find anything that matches the original keeps and espags (bits that move when you turn the handles). I'm assuming there have been plenty in the same boat in the county so can anyone point me in the right direction? I've googled sinclair windows and it said that the original business had been taken over and moved to Wick but the details about his seems sketchy with old webpages still listing them. Thanks for any help, sc.

Angel
04-Mar-16, 00:27
Sinclair glass still has a unit and used to make the double glazed units for the frame side of the business...try him

Angel...

starfish
04-Mar-16, 11:00
their unit is on the wick ind estate near where the driving test centre

scoobyc
04-Mar-16, 16:22
Thanks both, I'll try and make contact.

kinloch
04-Mar-16, 16:42
email...dhenderson004@btinternet.com...01955606393 ...mob...07787145719...contact for Sinclair glazing and joinery ask for Donald

YummyMummy
04-Mar-16, 19:26
Thanks for this thread. I am in the same boat - with a faulty window and the warranty no longer in place when the company finished. I tried to leave messages with Donald to no avail, but will try again. I know he is really busy. It's the handle of a bathroom window that is broken.

Thanks again

kinloch
04-Mar-16, 20:30
Thanks for this thread. I am in the same boat - with a faulty window and the warranty no longer in place when the company finished. I tried to leave messages with Donald to no avail, but will try again. I know he is really busy. It's the handle of a bathroom window that is broken.

Thanks again

Email best

scoobyc
04-Mar-16, 21:44
Thanks greatly to all, email sent so fingers crossed!

Doolally
05-Mar-16, 00:48
I got spares for mine from ironmongerydirect.com

They seem to have a good range and I got the exact bits I needed for my Sinclair Windows.

scoobyc
05-Mar-16, 10:02
Thanks for the heads-up but no luck:-(